What's new

Question - Shaolin Getting started with Shaolin?

Hey guys, so im going through a bit of a character crisis currently. As a result, im trying out a few new ones. Shaolin Kung Jin has sparked my interest, so here i am.

He seems like an all around solid character, and really fun as well. Im just wondering on how to get started with him? What iv'e gathered so far, ( tell me if im wrong ) is:

- Midscreen damage is literally a string into db3d4
- Metered midscreen combo looks like (starter) - EX db1 - ji3 - divekick - 34 db3d4
- Safe on almost everything, and can build a decent amount of meter by doing blockstrings into db3, which is safe.

What are the go - to meterless and metered corner combos ? And what else am i missing as far as his strategy and gameplan goes ? Anything is appreciated, cheers.

Send me a private message and we will talk
Maybe I will ask for your help, too if it is possible.
But for now I have a lot to do myself. I am collecting all the useful/practical information and started watching it in practice mode. And started watching high level Kung Jin play, too to feel it. :)

Then later on I will figure it out if it is fit me well or not really.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I might ask for help soon too lol

I use Royal Storm and Pyromancer as my mains and have Piercing and Thunder God as alts.

Im looking for two new alts and I have been playing around with different variations. it is out of Shaolin, Covert Ops, Master of Souls, Flame Fist, Vicious, Cyrax or Sektor

I can work my way around Bojitsu (I am far from a pro) which is really fun... though I don't know if that would help in any way with this variation