What's new

Question - Erron Black Getting started, looks like EB is my go-to. Where do I begin?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
New to the forums, so, first off, um, Hi? lol.

Any way, VERY new to fighting games but extremely intrigued. I'm green as summer grass but I want to really dig in to MKX and try to get as good as I possibly can. I saw MKX, bought it (last MK game I played was MK2, hell, I remember swapping fatality move sets for the original MK with friends at school) and absolutely fell in love with it. I've had the game for about 3 weeks now and have been cycling back and forth through characters, trying to decide who I really want to invest time in and so far its down to Kung Lao and Erron Black, with Black being my go-to. I'll likely pick up a couple other characters as time goes by, but for now, two is plenty.

Now that that is out of the way, I guess the point of this post is me asking "Where do I begin?" I've been ghosting the forums for a few days now and watching a couple YouTube videos about combos and such, but the more I read and look in to, the more I realize I have no damn idea what people are talking about half the time. I don't know a lot of the lingo and what it means, BnB, Mixups, Armors, etc etc. Obviously the competitive side of fighting games runs DEEP. With so much to work on and master, knowing where to even begin is tricky.

What I would love to find is someone, or a group of someones, to hook up with in skype and beat the hell out of each other, and get some tips and advice and explanations as we go. Just some experienced folks to run with really, or, just some folks on the forums that could impart any advice, or let me bounce stupid questions off them from time to time.

I chose to put this in the EB forums (hope that's OK) because that's who I'd like to learn first, etc etc.

Sorery my post is so open ended, but, shrug, lol. If it matters btw, I play on PC. Is there cross platform play in MKX?. Gonna google that.. lol.

Wigy

There it is...
If you're new the FGC i would recommend focusing on your footsies, make sure you know how somebody off you with pokes and how to get in on somebody with them.

for erron black he has a good game post knockdoown with his 50/50 just get good at keeping the pressure on em.

Don't neglect pratice mode with the record feature u can record which allows u to figure out how to geet out of and punish things etc

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I really, really like your attitude.
Keep your patient optimism, and you will go far with this game.
I'm not on PC, but, try to also list your region of living, for the purpose of allowing us to recommend you to local tournaments, regionals, and majors, the crowned jewel, the climax of the fighting game scene.
Telling us about where you live will also allow us to estimate our online connectivity to each-other.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Thanks a ton for the info and welcomes from everyone.

Definitely want to thank Kroaken for getting in practice mode with me, for what, close to three hours? And letting me bounce questions off him while he explained many of the nuances of mkx and fighting games in general.

I'm located in Lexington, KY for those that asked. You can hit me up on Steam, Entropicbydesign.

I'm getting some combos down with various openers, low, overhead, etc, and practicing my ranges and such. Still a million miles to go but progress is progress.

Any one that wants, hit me up here or on steam, the more practice the better.

Definitely want to thank Kroaken for getting in practice mode with me, for what, close to three hours? And letting me bounce questions off him while he explained many of the nuances of mkx and fighting games in general.

I'm located in Lexington, KY for those that asked. You can hit me up on Steam, Entropicbydesign.

I'm getting some combos down with various openers, low, overhead, etc, and practicing my ranges and such. Still a million miles to go but progress is progress.

Feel free to add me on Steam: Psyren136.

Me and Kroaken frequently play together and live close to each other lol. We have a regular group of people that plays on PC so you should be able to get plenty of matches and information whenever you need it.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.

Hey man, it was my pleasure. We'll get in the lab again soon and get back to work :)

We will get another good KoTh lobby going here soon. Idk bout today cuz i'm leaving at like 5-6pm but maybe tonight or later in the week.

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
We will get another good KoTh lobby going here soon. Idk bout today cuz i'm leaving at like 5-6pm but maybe tonight or later in the week.
I'm down for a KotH. I don't play too late into the night because, if I do, I can't do basic math at work in the morning lol. But yeah hit me up and we'll get at it.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
My connection is seriously bad, and I live in South America, so I doubt we could play. You can send me any questions here or call me on Skype ([email protected]) and I will help you as much as I can. If you have time, I recommend reading the Fighting Game Primer, which is a very good guide that explains Fighting Game stuff from the very basics. It's free, and you can get it from here: http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/07/learn-how-to-play-fighting-games-with-our-free-beginners-guide-ebook/

You can consult this glossary whenever you find a term you don't understand: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_fighting_games

For footsies, this was the video that helped me the most:

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I'm just now learning Erron Black (my best friend doesn't have an X1 so i'm doing a bunch of data configs for him and getting things together so when he comes over I don't make him shit the bed with sub) and found out that I love Errons playstyle xD so if you want to message me and ask questions about whats what and tips and stuff, just let me know. It'd be fun brainstorming with another Erron player:) welcome to TYM btw, this is a great community ^_^