What's new

Getting Scorpion's D1 Spear to Land Consistently

ryublaze

Noob

This is my method of getting Scorpion's D1, Spear to land consistently. After inputting D1, I literally mash Back and 1. I can't land it 10/10 times, but this is what works best for me.

ryublaze

Noob
When you do a d1, why not do d/b1, so when the d1 lands, all you have to do is press b1?
For me that's more difficult cuz you're inputting each command once. Each person has their own method, I just prefer mashing back and 1 (which sounds kinda dumb but it works). And if you're repeatedly pressing Back and 1 then it makes it easier for the Spear to come out.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Can't you just d1 to tele punch and get an easy juggle from there?
This. I've landed the d1-spear a few times myself, but I never saw it as consistent. You do get more meter from performing double-teleport combos, this I realize. It still remains an arduous task.

Perhaps I'll try this out and see if I can get to your level of consistency, Raptor. Then I'll judge. ;)

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
I just press d+b+1, d+b+1 negative edge for the win! Learned this from doing reptiles d4 fball

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
i was literally about to say that lol, i learned similar stuff from sonya, instead of d4 db2 f1 i do d4b2f1

ryublaze

Noob
db1 db1 gets me standing 1 for some reason but I guess it works for some people.

Grolarbears not sure what you mean cuz if you end a combo with d1 tele you drop the combo and cant do the vortex cuz the spear doesn't connect. Unless you're talking about d1 tele 111 spear.

Sonya Blake Yeah d1 spear combo adds like 2% more damage and builds tiny meter but if you can do it consistently then why not do it. Unless you're playing in a tournament then don't do d1 spear but in real matches I can actually land the combos like 90% of the time. I've been trying to incorporate as much meter build as I can with my Scorpion like d1 spear combos, whiffed air throws, 111 spear etc.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
db1 db1 gets me standing 1 for some reason but I guess it works for some people.

Grolarbears not sure what you mean cuz if you end a combo with d1 tele you drop the combo and cant do the vortex cuz the spear doesn't connect. Unless you're talking about d1 tele 111 spear.

Sonya Blake Yeah d1 spear combo adds like 2% more damage and builds tiny meter but if you can do it consistently then why not do it. Unless you're playing in a tournament then don't do d1 spear but in real matches I can actually land the combos like 90% of the time. I've been trying to incorporate as much meter build as I can with my Scorpion like d1 spear combos, whiffed air throws, 111 spear etc.
I'm still using your air throw tech. So inspirational. :)

If you're talking about D1 anti-air into spear, then you might as well dash 11 teleport dash 11 spear for lots more damage, and it can be done on reaction. Pretty sure D1 teleport would require you to commit.

If you're talking about doing it in the middle of a juggle, I've found that DB 1 DB 1 works way more consistently for me than mashing or whatever else, but the damage increase really isn't big enough to offset the increased risk of dropping it over the much easier options that do like 1-2% damage less, at least in competitive play.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Practing d+b+1, d+b+1 is very important. You just need to work on your execution. What kind of controller do you use? It took me a while to learn consistently, but it's worth it. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a 3 3 4 to hit in the corner that I confirmed into a d1~spear. I can even do it online. :eek:

And for the record, I love jumping punching them out of the air and dashing forward with standing 3, teleport, 1 1 1 spear. D1 anti-cross over into 3, teleport, 1 1 1 spear is even better. Scorpion's AA options are orgasmic.

ryublaze

Noob
Practing d+b+1, d+b+1 is very important. You just need to work on your execution. What kind of controller do you use? It took me a while to learn consistently, but it's worth it. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a 3 3 4 to hit in the corner that I confirmed into a d1~spear. I can even do it online. :eek:

And for the record, I love jumping punching them out of the air and dashing forward with standing 3, teleport, 1 1 1 spear. D1 anti-cross over into 3, teleport, 1 1 1 spear is even better. Scorpion's AA options are orgasmic.
I use a PS3 pad and I'm going to stick with my method.