What's new

Getting owned online by close jump kicks

With the PSN operational the first thing I did this morning was hop online to bust some ass.

I'd qualify myself as average to above average using reptile, sub zero and kabal. Offline I can't say jump kicks bother me a lot or projectiles since I can block them, jump over slide them or simply jump over them quite easily.

Online however, I find myself always getting hit by close range cross over jump kicks. Offline I don't think I get block locked as hard but online it is very difficult to get out of that I find.

Any tips for this?

Another thing I am having trouble with is projectiles, my guy always seems to be locked in a spam war with online spammers and I try to get in because I find it boring. Any tips on dealing with this besides just using smoke shake lol

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I don't know about the first part of your question, but the second part, depending on your character, you should fight out those projectile wars. One thing, there is no such thing as spamming in fighting games, if they're doing it over and over again, then you're not giving them a reason to stop doing it. You play two zoning characters, and the best space control character in the game. If playing as Sub zero, just throw your ice balls out, trades are completely in your favor as you get a free combo after. Reptile=spit spit psisptispti, Kabal=ex nomad dash if they're continuing to throw projectiles and/or just throw your own.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
That's a fucking good response if I ever heard one. I'm just starting to get my feet wet online. I've been reluctant because of the lag issues. I encountered an air-spam Kabal today. I main Cage and Kung Lao. He was air-balling and mixing up with groundsaws full screen. It was tough to close in the distance with dash but I tell you what, I'll gladly give up that bar to EX-shadowkick his ass back down to earth and keep him in that corner. Love that corner.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I play Kabal online, Kitana is my most dreaded match up hands down. EX Dash goes through 1 projectile, she throws 2. You can trade a ground blade for her fan, but she can wake up with the air dash (which is invulnerable in the first few frames) and will land on the other side of the screen and continue throwing fans. Offline, you can dash/block and eventually get in there but it's not very feasible online.