What's new

Getting into Injustice as a Newbie

Roy

Noob
So I'm getting into Injustice and really looking forward to it. I've played a wide variety of fighting games my whole life, but I've never really focused/stuck to one. I'm a huge NetherRealm fan and love the DC universe so I'm planning to focus completely on Injustice. I was hoping I could be given some direction in these forums as to where to learn how to get onto the path of becoming "pro". For example, 123, B2 Upward rang (meter burned), B3 Bounce, JI2, B23. I understand the 1,2,3's but I'm a little lost on the rest of the lingo. I'm particularly confused about JI2. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm looking forward to getting into this.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I just started getting into other fighters after being an MK purist for around three years. It's a hard trial, but productive experience.

For advice on the basics and advanced tips for Injustice, feel free to populate the Gameplay Topics sub-forum over at our Injustice section, or just ask around with the members. We have combo information on Batman in the demo section.

NKZero

Warrior
So I'm getting into Injustice and really looking forward to it. I've played a wide variety of fighting games my whole life, but I've never really focused/stuck to one. I'm a huge NetherRealm fan and love the DC universe so I'm planning to focus completely on Injustice. I was hoping I could be given some direction in these forums as to where to learn how to get onto the path of becoming "pro". For example, 123, B2 Upward rang (meter burned), B3 Bounce, JI2, B23. I understand the 1,2,3's but I'm a little lost on the rest of the lingo. I'm particularly confused about JI2. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm looking forward to getting into this.
Well if I "translate" this combo for you then you can apply it to any other combo you see and hopefully it makes more sense.

1=light attack
2=medium attack
3=heavy attack
u=up direction
b=back direction
d=down direction
f=forward direction
ji=jump in (input is u/f which means up and forward direction simultaneously)

This is personally how I would write the combo. I think it's clearer: 1, 2, 3--b+2--EX upward rang--b+3 (bounce state)--ji+2--b+2, 3

Now the dashes (--) separate the commands so when you practice/do the combo you do it in these steps. 1, 2, 3 is a whole string that Batman has. Then you input b+2 which is the back button with the medium attack at the same time. Then Batman has a special called upward rang (the inputs are d/b+2) so you input that, and then you meter burn (MB) it. This means you are doing the enhanced version of that move. This is why I called it EX upward rang (classic fighting game term for an enhanced version of a special attack).

Then we have b+3 (which is universal to all characters in this game) and it puts the opponent in a bounce state so he pops back up for additional hits. Once he pops back up, you do the jump in attack plus the medium attack (hence ji+2 or if you just wanna call it j+2). You don't necessarily press them at the same time. Time your jump arc and when you are next to him then input the 2 itself. After that, you just end the combo with another of Batman's strings: b+2, 3.

Hopefully this clears things up. If you have further questions, ask here or PM me.