What's new

Getting in range

Vilsevalle

IceColdKiller
So every time i play a match i try to get in close to do the combos but Reptile is so slow that when i walk towards the enemy player they just hit me with a dash or a projectile forcing me to use projectiles or the elbow dash, what do you guys do to get in melee range?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So every time i play a match i try to get in close to do the combos but Reptile is so slow that when i walk towards the enemy player they just hit me with a dash or a projectile forcing me to use projectiles or the elbow dash, what do you guys do to get in melee range?
have you tryed dashin from such a distance that you'll finish the dash right in front of your opponent but not actually hit him?

i always thought walking was a poor reptiles elbow dash

After you've done a succesfully Elbowdash do one dash backwards, wait half a second immidiatly do elbowdash and your right infront of your oppenent. You can surprise him with a throw, they mostly will block so you can also do 321Slide or Acidhand. If you throw and it's that greenball throw, you've got to do one step forward and Elbowdash and you can follow up by the same things as above.

I'm not sure about the one dash forward after a throw or elbowdash, i'll try it tomorrow, i main Reptile but haven't played MK in about 3 days, so i kinda forgot for a second.

Vilsevalle

IceColdKiller
have you tryed dashin from such a distance that you'll finish the dash right in front of your opponent but not actually hit him?

i always thought walking was a poor reptiles elbow dash
So i tried this, doesn't work If I do it all the time they know when to block it so i get my ass handed to me by scorpions who spam teleport and hellfire (I hate scorpions)