What's new

Question Getting in on Kitana

Wigy

There it is...
Any tips? Basically seems like all of cyrax's ranged options are useless and if i teleport i take an ass to the face since the inputs flips. Im trying to down 3 under her fans as dash in but can't get it consistently and if i get close in she can d1 fly away with that ass attack.

Tl/DR

How do you close kitana's zoning game down a bit.

Wigy

There it is...
Nets...

Seriously though I havent quite figured out that mu yet :(

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2
Will absolutely not work vs decent kittys, u take a fan and they just block the net, you need to get med range to even have a chance to land it which is hard cause the IAF mean shes constantly backing off pretty much as quick as you can get in.

tips from a kitana player:
1) far bomb
2) you can jump them but that's risky or
3) you can be patient like everyone else
4) if you see even one non-instant fan, net
5) if you want to teleport time it when she already has the fan in hand

Wigy

There it is...
tips from a kitana player:
1) far bomb
2) you can jump them but that's risky or
3) you can be patient like everyone else
4) if you see even one non-instant fan, net
5) if you want to teleport time it when she already has the fan in hand
Cheers. What would you recommend straight after a teleport.

Cheers. What would you recommend straight after a teleport.
idk, maybe antiair if she's really fan happy or some close pressure. maybe a poke. really depends on how you play and how your opponent plays. but once your at point blank, assuming you're both at 0, kitana's attacks are slow ass hell (except d1, but on block it's -14 and you get a full combo for 100%).

Kitana's d1 is -15 not -14.

Throw out a far bomb to make her walk away from it. Don't mindessly dash.
Simply slowly walk and wait until she corners herself or is close to it.

in this match up its more important to footsie up some whif punish then get in and look for mixups.
On the ground you must keep a keen Eye open for f2 string, you gotta stay in jump range and walk backwards making her piss whiff
Kitty players will always follow through with the whole f2 string because they are so damn free.
she is gonna toss air fans, duck them and use the time to move in ( stay in jump range) if your fast you can catch her with reverse kick. She is gonna get antsie when her fans miss so watch out for f2 and incoming jump ins. U might want to use upper cut to AA because kitty's like to use Jik fan and the a iafan will blow up AA throw
Never jump in on any one especially kitty!
Just keep letting kitty make all her own mistakes.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
You need a good footsie game. Against Kitana, I often do D3- or D4-chestsaw. I very frequently and repeatedly use a far bomb followed by a teleport to keep her on her moving also. (Or you can throw a far bomb followed by a net or F2. The latter is more risky, but you gotta vary it up regardless.) Kitana's usual escape for a far bomb is her air butt-zoom. However, if you jump midscreen and teleport while mid-air, the teleport's "remnant" will stop her butt-zoom midway, then she'll land on her feet AFTER Cyrax reforms from his teleport. This can let you follow up with D3/D4-chestsaw, D4 to 121, D4 to command grab, etc.

This tactic usually works for me.

Yes... butt-zoom!

Will absolutely not work vs decent kittys, u take a fan and they just block the net, you need to get med range to even have a chance to land it which is hard cause the IAF mean shes constantly backing off pretty much as quick as you can get in.
yea i kno