What's new

Question Getting good at this?

Atheris

Noob
Hey

Just got the game. I have 4 and a half days to get good.
What do you suggest? Any tips? What character is easiest to own semi-pros?
Is it better to use joystiq or buttons?

I tried playing Story Mode on Expert, but am curretly stuck at the Kitana/Katana tag-vs me.

Thanks a lot!

Atheris

Noob
There is this tournament coming up with my friends. I think, there's like 40 people and they all will play MK.
And the thing is, some of them have been playing this since launch and have played previous MK's, so they are pretty good. But since they dont play online really nor take part in official tournaments, I wouldn't say they are real pros, but rather semi-pros.

I have only played Soul Calibur / Tekken like fighting games, so this MK style is very new to me and I seem to really suck it (after my 35minute session today) ..

coolwhip

Noob
4 and a half days is not nearly enough to get good at this game. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but there is just so much to learn. My advice would be to pick a character like Liu Kang, go to the Liu Kang forums, look up his main combos, practice them, and it should give you a feel for the game and help your timing. You probably won't do good at the tournament if your friends have been playing for so long, but that shouldn't really affect you. Just have fun, use it as a learning experience, practice, and within a couple of months, you'll see noticeable improvement.

pick Kung Lao. jump all day with divekicks / teleports. mash 1 & 2. spin when you feel like it. laugh like a madman.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Kenshi, REACT ONLY with Bf2, if you're being pressured block until you can Ex shoulder or D1 shoulder.
Simple concept if you play tekken.