What's new

Getting a DirectInput error in MAME

Hey everyone, I just recently downloaded UMK3 just to reacquaint myself with the MK system before MK9. I downloaded MAME and got the game but whenever I open the game I receive the error:

DirectInput: Unable to set absolute mode for joystick 0 (Arcade Stick (MadCatz FightStick TE))
The game then opens, but it won't let me map inputs to my arcade stick. I have no issues with my stick when I use it on GGPO and FBA, it seems to be MAME exclusive. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I have encountered the same problem. Believe it or not its the stick. Some T.E.'s use a board that is just not compatible with mame(We just had this problem at NEC trying to setup marvirrasta's stick.) There is a fix for it but I dont know it off the top of my head.
If you have another stick try using that.

I have encountered the same problem. Believe it or not its the stick. Some T.E.'s use a board that is just not compatible with mame(We just had this problem at NEC trying to setup marvirrasta's stick.) There is a fix for it but I dont know it off the top of my head.
I tried my Hori Fighting Stick EX2 and that didn't work either. :cry:

I've tried Googling a fix but I can't find an answer for this issue. I guess I'm on keyboard for the time being.

BeRB

Noob
He has to go through with setting up XBCD and doing the drivers etc, I don't remember the tut for it off my head though