What's new

Strategy Getting 50%s via meter vs using meter for armor moves.

WT_Neptune

Praying for Rain
It seems like my matches go much better when I save my meter for armor trait grabs instead of using it for comboing. Is there a midway between the two? Is this situational? And when is it better to use meter for the neutral rather than to do damage.

Sidenote: Going for resets by not finishing chain grabs... Tricky stuff, but risky, because every time you pull a trick, the more opportunity the opponent gets to get in your head and learn to defend against it. I'd like to discuss the general idea of keeping your mind games fresh and have you guys share stories of tricks you've pulled.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I burn meter on 90% of my WC throws. The setup and damage is too good not to.

The only place I don't is when they're nearing the corner or when I feel I can save the meter.

The move is free armor into what appears to be the longest untechable knockdown in the game. Into a move that does unblockable damage, into a setup that when blocked leads to a 50/50 at the end... or if they eat the meaty... leads to 50% less life.

MB WC is one of his best tools. Hands down.

Brahma

Noob
Yeah I use MB WC quite a bit. One of the only time I actually can use grave rot in a match.

What meaty setup do you use?

If you have meter, then there should be no reason why shouldn't MB WC. The damage out put is good, it causes untechable knockdown, and leads to some really strong mix ups. I feel like if Grundy gets the first hit then he should take the life lead with ease.

Using MB 4 is good if your opponent is pressuring you, make your opponent respect your options.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah I use MB WC quite a bit. One of the only time I actually can use grave rot in a match.

What meaty setup do you use?
you can time f1 against most wakups to beat them... either with the f1 part... or the 3 part.

If my opponent uses a character with less than 3 hits... i'll do everything the same... but delay a WC so that I can HC the amror into a string... or just let it rip if they sit there.