What's new

Question - Sonya Blade General Gameplay Help.....

Hey all,

So after couple weeks of maining Reptile I fell in love with Sonya - MILF :p

Anyway, I love the way she plays and see myself sticking with her, however I have some problems when I play, namely not knowing how to play her well.

My main gameplay comes from playing Covert Ops and using her B1,4,2 string to get the HK, then going for her B1,4 MSxx from there. Problem Is half the time I will get B1, Arc quick - esp when I'm pressuring from a run in (guess that is my inputs being rushed) - but also I find when I go for 2,1 after the MS xx 4, that will hit, but then the 2,1,U4 will whiff as if I'm punching thin air. Offline it works 80%, online it misses 90% of the time (is this purely online lag stopping it?) I feel it lets me down because I end up stuck in the animation whiffing while they get up for free punish :(

Also how do you go about playing her - I feel I am just depended on running in doing B1, 4 etc, and finding it hard to hit confirm the command grab, OH, or low on reaction.

Advice - thanks ?

Last edited:

Dedlock

Noob
Mix it up B3,3 also her 1,1 and 1,2 are extremely fast f2 and F4 have been vastly improved after the patch.

Also I find 2,2,4 to be really fast.

Leg grab cancelling also get a hang of her Parries I know it's difficult but it'll be worth the trouble.

Kakashi

Noob
Hey all,

Anyway, I love the way she plays and see myself sticking with her, however I have some problems when I play, namely not knowing how to play her well.

My main gameplay comes from playing Covert Ops and using her B1,4,2 string to get the HK, then going for her B1,4 MSxx from there. Problem Is half the time I will get B1, Arc quick - esp when I'm pressuring from a run in (guess that is my inputs being rushed) - but also I find when I go for 2,1 after the MS xx 4, that will hit, but then the 2,1,U4 will whiff as if I'm punching thin air. Offline it works 80%, online it misses 90% of the time (is this purely online lag stopping it?) I feel it lets me down because I end up stuck in the animation whiffing while they get up for free punish :(

Also how do you go about playing her - I feel I am just depended on running in doing B1, 4 etc, and finding it hard to hit confirm the command grab, OH, or low on reaction.

Advice - thanks ?
For resolve your input problem be sure to configure your controller. This will help you:
RELEASE CHECK: OFF
ALTERNATE CONTROL: OFF
INPUT SHORTCUTS : ON

Hey all,

Advice - thanks ?
I'm not a Sonya player but will agree with the first reply on this thread. Mix it up. Learn your overhead and low strings and have a good muscle memory with them. Learn her fastest startup strings for punishes and build off that for punish combos.

Also, just don't become predictable and mix up your approaches. Once your opponent knows that, say every time you run you do an overhead, they will adapt and block high and punish you. Mix it up, and warm up in the lab every time you play and develop muscle memory

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I also drop many combos, but only online. I find it nearly impossible to do MS4 21, 213BF4. When I play online, I usually skip the first "21"