What's new

Gears of War General Discussion Thread

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hey all its BanTheTesters here and I noticed that while I've seen a lot of people talk about the Gears of War series on TYM... but we never had a general thread about them. So i decided to make this thread for folks to discuss any and all things Gears of War!

Latest release: Gears of War 4 - October 11, 2016

Discuss Away!

BanTheTesters

Man I've been looking to get Gears 4, how have you found it so far?
Multiplayer has been the fastest i think its ever been (reminds me of the first one which i really liked) but at the same time there are still some "gearsisms" that are present..shot-guns are sill non consistent and characters and skins are now earned via loot crates and are left up to rng unless you sell some of your "cards" you get some said crates to craft a character you want to play in multiplayer.

Have you played the older games?

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Multiplayer has been the fastest i think its ever been (reminds me of the first one which i really liked) but at the same time there are still some "gearsisms" that are present..shot-guns are sill non consistent and characters and skins are now earned via loot crates and are left up to rng unless you sell some of your "cards" you get some said crates to craft a character you want to play in multiplayer.

Have you played the older games?
Yes I've played all the Gears including UE. I've also played all the Betas. The Gnasher caused some hot debate in the Gears 4 beta aha but I heard it was toned down as were many things. You like how the pace is faster in this one? And hows the story?

EDIT: As with all Gears the Gnasher is the gun most used, how are weapon choices this time around?

BanTheTesters

Yes I've played all the Gears including UE. I've also played all the Betas. The Gnasher caused some hot debate in the Gears 4 beta aha but I heard it was toned down as were many things. You like how the pace is faster in this one?

EDIT: As with all Gears the Gnasher is the gun most used, how are weapon choices this time around?
Havnt played the gears 4 story yet lol.

Yep love the face paceness of the multi, yep gnasher is still used a bunch but so are the new power weapons (dropshot and mbar etc).

gnasher is still getting tweaked a bunch idk man it does seem consistent at the moment

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Havnt played the gears 4 story yet lol.

Yep love the face paceness of the multi, yep gnasher is still used a bunch but so are the new power weapons (dropshot and mbar etc).

gnasher is still getting tweaked a bunch idk man it does seem consistent at the moment
Sounds cool, the mbar wasn't in the beta along with a few other weapons that are new so I'll have those to look forward to :)

When I get the game and get some experience I'll post some things I do in here, like where I wall plant some frags, lines of sight, etc. It'd be nice to talk about those things and see what everyone else thinks

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It's meh. I'm. Waiting on the update this week to drop if it's nor dropped already.

Too many quitters and core weapon tuning just doesn't feel right. Also the movement feels very slow side stepping wise whereas your compelled to either bounce n slide just to traverse the maps.

But I like it though. I Had to take a small break. But I want to go for my second re-up rank by Sunday night.

Gears baby Whooo!

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Been playing Gears 4 for about little over a week now, really enjoying it. I love the new Horde though public matchmaking on it is just sad hahaha cause everyone always leaves.

I also hit these few clips so far, some funny and cool stuff:

Anyone else that plays please add me, it'd be a fun time.

And a tip: Don't use the phantom weapon skins. The amount of times I've won blind engagements in smoke screens cause I could see people's bright ass guns from those skins is ludicrous hahaha.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
Feel like making a signal boost in here- Gears 4 developer playlist is live for a week (x2 exp and 20% more credits) with release of two new maps: Hotel (Gears 3 map) and The Slab (Gears 3 DLC map). Apparently there's been tunings to the Gnasher, Hammerburst, and Lancer as well (nerf/buff/buff)