What's new

Question - Ninjitsu Gap in the EX Teleport? Wut

Why lol is there a gap in the ex teleport? Anyone's opinions of this? I mean I dont know how much it matters because since the armored launchers are gone theres no reason to ever armor or backdash it on block but still lol, its a slight insult to Scorpion since he already has some pretty infamous gaps.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
It's been there as long as I've known. I've never seen anyone abuse it because if you blocked it already then you might as well get the punish instead of risking mistiming your input and getting launched.

I doubt it's a personal or intended touch. It probably just has something to do with the cancel mechanism.

Yeah I was just wondering why it was there. I dont plan to backdash it unless he is going for chip as you get a guaranteed full combo punish if you just block it. I was labbing yesterday and just happen to notice it.

Matix218

Get over here!
Why does it matter since it's death on block?

Maybe if the 2nd hit would chip you out, you backdash it? lol

Besides that one specific situation, I don't understand how it matters.
If someone actually pulled that off in a top 8 match that would be freaking amazing.

Just imagine you have barely any health, the scorpion player ex teleports to kill with guaranteed chip, other guy blocks the first hit, backdashes 2nd and whiff punishes the recovery into a full combo to take the match.

Last thing that was that hype in MK was djt's mk9 sub zero block string into x ray cancel into throw or something like that

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
He always had this, even in MK9.

One of the best things you could do was duck the high punch afterwards, since ex teleport was +6 on block IIRC and only juggled from if he hit you airborne or in the corner.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Could someone check to see if the air one has a gap? I've had a couple of really good scorpions do IATP to chip and I just now wondered if it was for that reason

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Could someone check to see if the air one has a gap? I've had a couple of really good scorpions do IATP to chip and I just now wondered if it was for that reason
I think the gap in the air one depends on the height you do it at, if there is one at all.