What's new

Gamespot Ed Boon Interview on MK11, Fatalities & moving away from MicroTransations.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
It might be just a mistake, but he says Kronika hates her minions. That sounds... Interesting.
I think in one of the interviews (IGN?) Ed mentioned something about Geras being "one of Kronika's minions" or something like that.

It definitely sounds like there's going to be another character working with Kronika, but yeah, it could be a mistake.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think in one of the interviews (IGN?) Ed mentioned something about Geras being "one of Kronika's minions" or something like that.

It definitely sounds like there's going to be another character working with Kronika, but yeah, it could be a mistake.
Ten bucks says its Scorpion.
Original timeline still dead Scorpion.
He WAS the actual Champion of the Elder Gods, but it's never explained what the final goal would have been if he had gathered the Kamidogu instead of Shujinko. Could be that it was Kronika who sent him on that path.

Maybe it'll turn out that the first trailer was canon story the whole time, and Evil Raiden kills Alive Scorpion so he can't rise up against him, only to be confronted and defeated by original OG Scorpion, time traveling Champion.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
They are not "wanting" to move away from "loot boxes" and micro-transactions -- they are being FORCED to... on pain of expensive legal action later down the track:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43906306

That, and it would be their benefactors, Warn-a-Brother, who would be pulling the shots on that, not NRS or Boon.
I love how they waited to get all those profits from Shadow of War before closing the store and rebalancing the game like they were doing the players a favor. :DOGE

MKF30

They are not "wanting" to move away from "loot boxes" and micro-transactions -- they are being FORCED to... on pain of expensive legal action later down the track:
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43906306

That, and it would be their benefactors, Warn-a-Brother, who would be pulling the shots on that, not NRS or Boon.
Of course WB has the last say, never said they didn't. My point is clearly Ed, NRS etc said they want to steer clear of MT's and didn't seemed thrilled with the idea. But it's good to know where NRS stands so that people who bitch and moan about it will at least know how they feel. Me personally, I just hate the ones that force you to keep the game at high replay value(ie games that are "free" but they get you with "want to keep playing and unlock more content, buy this, that etc"

I2 and MK X gave us the options to buy stuff that we could unlock for free, I bought some due to being busy and not having like hours every day to grind for that stuff so I didn't mind as long as it's optional, and not forcing us like other games.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Ed Boon (I just wrote "boob") says:

This [new] character Kronika, she hates her minions and her allies, and we knew that we needed a character to be her ally. We started talking about a couple of the visual designs and features, and that's when Geras was born.
... Which makes me think even more that Geras is only a homunculus. A construct, created by Kronika. Which might explain the weird patterns all over his body, which make him look like as if he has been pieced together.

I could not care less about "loot boxes" IF they did not affect actual, tangible content -- like, the special abilities in Injustice 2. Were the RNG boxes only for gear and those willing to stupid enough to pay to save time on grinding (*I just used a trainer and spammed a button while watching some movies, to unlock everything), woe is them.

It's when the systems are tantamount to gambling (i.e., pay-to-spin an RNG dice) or when tangible, important content is ransomed, that I start vigorously stroking the shaft of my Wrath Hammer...

MKF30

Yeah that's why I'm glad they said they're doing away with Loot Boxes, MT's etc. However if they still gave us an option for optional MT's strictly for cosmetics only (as oppose to grinding) due to work, life etc then I'm all for that option at least. As long as they don't do it like Capcom did, it's all good to me.

See I don't think it's stupid to buy something when someone has a life though, I mean no offense to people who have time getting it free is great but again when you don't have the time it's good to have options. I've stressed this before, I'll say it again. Notice a lot of players we saw in the 90's and 3D era are gone. Why? Due to life, simply put.

I will always play MK but admit it's a hell of a lot less now than I had in the past(unless the person has no life and literally plays games 24/7) then hey, good on them I'm sure they can save a few bucks on unlocking shit assuming they have a job.

That all being said, I think NRS is heading in the right direction. Sadly, WB calls the shots though so if there are last minute changes and required MT's I blame WB, not NRS.