What's new

Game Capturing

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
Hai! I am Fraggle! (Will be changed on here tomorrow when I become premium!) I am on XBL Fraggle Prime - I want to learn to use a Game Capture device. My computer is not too bad, it uses Windows XP, I have a Funai 32 Inch HD TV and an Xbox 360 Slim. So if someone can point me into the direction I need to get started and set up I would be VERY appreciative!

I just want to make standard gameplay videos where I can voice over and edit as well. Thank you boils and ghouls!!!!!!!! - Fraggle

PS - Does the Game Capture Device allow you to stream as well or is this a separate thing? Please be specific, and if you have a knowledge of different devices as far as price VS quality PLEASE tell! Thank you all again for any and all help received - Happy Gaming!!!!!!

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
Is *this* what you speak of? This seems to be a good deal because I will not need to buy a new one when I get my XB1. I will order this one then. Do I need a certain program to edit and such on my PC with this thing?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Is *this* what you speak of? This seems to be a good deal because I will not need to buy a new one when I get my XB1. I will order this one then. Do I need a certain program to edit and such on my PC with this thing?
Yes and it comes with an editing software program.

Edit: The software is what you'll also be using to record so initially you're killing two birds with one stone.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I also have the Elgato game capture and it is absolutely superb. Making videos is practically effortless with that thing.

However you mentioned in your OP that your PC runs XP and the one I use at least requires 7 or later so I'm not sure if it would run smoothly or even at all.

You could always look into getting a capture card, that would actually go inside your PC and you hook up your system that way but I have used them before and capture boxes are much better IMO, less hassle, usually much better software and way better support too.

If upgrading your PC a little isn't out of the question then the Elgato is an easy recommendation, if you want to stick with the machine you have then may an older hauppuage would be better.

Shellhead85

Svlpvher Fixvm Est Sol
I am going to buy the HD PVR2. I have a laptop I can use when I want to edit plus this one allows you to stream when you want to which works as well. I assume game audio is picked up as well, how do I do my own voice when I am streaming something?