What's new

Game Capture Devices and Input lag?

Bilbo11

Noob
Hello, does any one have any experience with streaming 1 or 2 monitors from a switch and using a game capture to stream, would this effect the players using the monitors to play?

If any one has any experience in this field please feel free to reply

Thanks.

Bilbo11

Noob
Ive just bought 2x BenQ RL2755HM, as I would like to stream competitions but now im shitting myself if I should have gone for the RL2460HT as it has built in HDMI output.

d3v

SRK
What you need is a good splitter. The 1 to 2 powered one from Monoprice seems to be ok. And then connect your capture device to one output while having the other go straight to the TV.

You shouldn't really use the capture device's own splitter option (if it has one).

Marbledecker

BUTTONS
What you need is a good splitter. The 1 to 2 powered one from Monoprice seems to be ok. And then connect your capture device to one output while having the other go straight to the TV.

You shouldn't really use the capture device's own splitter option (if it has one).
Thanks for the informative post, chap. :)

Bilbo11

Noob
Thanks d3v, Im using an elgato and im literally in the process of seeing if my splitter can split to the game capture, from a little testing the Splitter doesn't seem to cause dangerous amounts of input delay. Ill keep posting.

Does any one know how to get in contact with Arturo Sanchez? I think he would know more about this than anyone I know

Bilbo11

Noob
Turns out you can run the Game Capture from the splitter, this reduces more risk of input delay, thanks for the help guys

d3v

SRK
Turns out you can run the Game Capture from the splitter, this reduces more risk of input delay, thanks for the help guys
Yeah, that's literally what we do for our streams like the MKX Asia-Pacific Championship and SEA Major.