What's new

Tech - Jax Full screen energy wave tech and Wrestler option select tick throw.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I found some more tech and made two new videos detailing some of this Jax dirt for you all.

1. First his option select tick throw.

If you input the Quad Grab AFTER the D1,D2 makes contact with the opponent then it'll only execute the move on block and not on hit. If you do any bufferring before both hits connect then the option select wont work.

This is especially useful because if the D1D2 does hit it gives you +23 advantage so you have time to do his 13 frame low string into 12% damage and safety on block or his 17 frame overhead which leads into a full combo and could be option selected as well for more safety (I have a video of this option select on my YouTube channel).

2. Abusing Energy Wave from full screen for easy entry

From full screen Jax has so much advantage on block from energy wave that the opponent has no time to jump away or even attack if you run in and F3. Sure, the opponent could duck the wave if they don't block while ducking, but if they do this is easy entry. F2 won't stuff jumps and attacks but its still a good option after they block it as well.

F3 in wrestler also could be used to tick grab too.

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Thanks for making notes of these options selects, I've been mainly exploring Pumped up so Wrestler still holds a lot of secrets for me. This guys OS's are disgusting the overhead OS's are great on there own so having more just makes this guy so scary when he gets in.

Damicky

LameGame
U use negative edge and special input option? Or all off?
I have them off personally, but OP might be different. I think most of the execution from something like this is being able to properly articulate your button presses well enough. Practice makes perfect too :)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
@AcMilan91 @Damicky

Actually if you input this fast then the option select won't come out. Like it says in the OP you have to wait until both hits make contact before even starting the quad grab motion so in reality it's D1D2-pause-quad grab

What I did, and what you could actually see in the video is instead of pressing D1D2 I'm holding diagonally --down-foward 1,2.

If you do this D1D2 still comes out and you could then slide your finger in a half circle motion easier afterward. The only other way to do this is to press D12 then immediately let go of down on the Dpad and THEN input the quad grab. Remember again, it has to be done AFTER the hits connect.

@AcMilan91 @Damicky

Actually if you input this fast then the option select won't come out. Like it says in the OP you have to wait until both hits make contact before even starting the quad grab motion so in reality it's D1D2-pause-quad grab

What I did, and what you could actually see in the video is instead of pressing D1D2 I'm holding diagonally --down-foward 1,2.

If you do this D1D2 still comes out and you could then slide your finger in a half circle motion easier afterward. The only other way to do this is to press D12 then immediately let go of down on the Dpad and THEN input the quad grab. Remember again, it has to be done AFTER the hits connect.
Really useful tip, thank you..
Do u use input shortcust, cuz when i turned it off i cant use energy wave properly