What's new

General/Other Full Guide or Just Combos

What should I make, or what do the people want?

• Should I make a New updated Smoke Guide

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Should i just make a Combo Compilation and keep it updated

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Make a thread for each one.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other, something I did not list here or nothing.

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

arydious

Noob
OK so i was in the middle of browsing everything and compiling a new combo list for smoke, then i realized he has a couple of guides on the forum that are horridly outdated.

So my question is should i just make a new full on guide, and keep it updated, or just make a combo compilation. If people want i could make both, but ti will require some time. For the combo page im trying to compile all the combos in a very nice order and include videos presented by members of the community for them. The guide would include Smoke's pro's and cons and all of his basic info, like tools, and playing strategy.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Well unless you got new tech i dont think theres much you can cover that the regular guide, kt, or tony-t havent alredy done

I've been wanting to make a video about him lately... if you'd like any help I'm all for it. I have a post with all of Smoke's current optimal combos across multiple different scnearios, however it's not complete with damage, i'll edit it in in a sec if that might help you at all?my combo list

Also I'd prefer a guide. There's zillions of combo videos, and they are really pointless since everyone's like LAWL I R GON USE 2 BARS TO GET 7% MOAR DAMEG KEKEKEKEKKE. If you want a video of smoke's combos, it'd quite literally be less than two minutes long.

My only concerns are what the hell to cover in the video. Smoke is very one-dimensional and has few different tools, he just has to apply them liberally, effectively, and precisely in order to have any luck at all... regardless like I said I'm willing to jump on the project with you in my free time.

arydious

Noob
@ kandehbar im not bringing new tech into it, im going to consolidate everything people have done so its a one stop shop. We have so many great things in our smoke forums but it seems were losing them to the back of the list. I am thinking about people just picking up smoke will be able to drop in and see all the stuff on one or two pages instead of the 50 we have.

@frothyOmen Yeah i grabbed your combos already. 3rd page for updated smoke combos is garbage not to mention i cant even find those unless i look for your name. If you wanted to make a video one video with all of the usable combos would be sweet. It doesnt need a lot of detail because we can link both KT Smith's page and Tony-T's page so if the person wants a very descriptive answer they can go there.

Exactly my thoughts. I don't have a capture card or anything, but I can sit my laptop in my lap and record that way no problem lol. However the video below is the kind of quality you can expect... I can obviously get closer to and center the screen better but the video's not gonna be HD or anything like that. :\ I can do this sometime tonight-tuesday, thats when I'll be at my parents place for fall break. Just let me know if you think that quality would be fine or not :p

no makey fun of my sub play please :) this videos quite old haha

arydious

Noob
yeah man that should be fine. Like you said not the best but not the worse i have seen on these forums. There may be a way to record your session on the game and then move the file to the comp as well

arydious

Noob
Looking like it will be a full guide, obviously this wont all come from me and i will heavily rely on information that KT Smith, and Tony-T have provided. With their permissions of course!

SZSR

Noob
Full guide as in like Combos, strategies, specific matchups, etc.? In that case i'll definitely help out if need be.