What's new

Front Portal vs Wake-ups (AAs)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Compilation of what characters will get caught by the in front portal on their wake-ups ONLY FOR AA's. Generally fast advancing moves will work, on hit all grant a free combo of close to 40% with one bar. Not all options are viable.

NOTE: I performed most of these ending with an Upknee; they work and add to the total damage. As an added note, these all work after B121~Upknee.

Baraka
Catches Blade Charge. Works on the EX.

Cage
Catches his Shadow Kick and his Flipkick ( EX version too ) without any movement on your part. Probably the easiest one to get with it.

Cyber Sub-Zero
Slide will be caught in the portal every time(Requires you to block). Works on his EX.

Jade
Interestingly, catches her Staff Overhead. Also catches her Shadow Kick(must be blocked, I believe you can D4 her into the portal though, timing's a bit tight)

Jax
You have to poke him in order to catch him in the portal; on block, he can still jump out of the way or move back(Jumping opens him up to an AA so you'll get to do it again if you want.)
Kabal
Catches his Nomad Dash, but you have to dash block forward in order to catch him during his block/stagger animation. Works on the EX version

Kitana
Catches Cutter and Fake-out Kick (Not viable, nobody will ever do these at this distance)

Nightwolf
This one, I think, is the hardest. His normal Shoulder comes out at a fair enough speed that you can crouch and D4 him into the portal, but his EX one comes out absurdly fast, so the window just to duck and D4 is really small. Is a bit easier if you don't end with Upknee.

Reptile
Catches his Slide and EX Slide every time, but he can Elbow Dash and cross you up for a full combo(from what I've tested.)

Scorpion
Ending with an Upknee~Front Portal, you have to dash forward if you want to catch teleport; will catch Takedown regardless. Ending without an Upknee and just a portal requires you to dash BACKWARDS and crouch block to catch him. Works on EX versions of both.

Sheeva
Catches her Untamed Fury every time. Works on EX.

Sonya
Catches Cartwheel and EX Cartwheel. Arc Kick is also vulnerable to it, but you have to back up in order for her to land in it(also requires a slight delay on the portal)

Stryker
Does not work on his Roll Toss because of the pushback(even if you dash forward), but it will catch his Baton Sweep(EX Too) before he ever touches you.

Sub-Zero
You have to do a short dash-block to make up for the small pushback on his slide. Works on his EX.

Possibles:
Skarlet
Really inconsistent, but I think that it will trap her depending how early her Down/Up Slash or Slide comes out. Does not work at all on an empty Red Dash, unsure on a delayed attack(which I'm assuming can be interrupted anyway)

Quan Chi
Almost positive this will catch him if he teleports in front of you(you can full combo punish him on his landing or blocking him either way)

Sheeva
Same case as Quan Chi.

Thoughts?

InFlames

dead
Is this with an EX Up Knee or a normal one? And Sheeva's Tele takes longer than Quan's, so I don't think it would work on her.

Overall, good job.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Is this with an EX Up Knee or a normal one? And Sheeva's Tele takes longer than Quan's, so I don't think it would work on her.

Overall, good job.
I did it with a normal Upknee.

Added Scorpion and Sonya to the list.

noob has some stupid stuff on shang when he's knocked down.. but i'm not sure if front portal would do anything since SS is stationary

RYX

BIG PUSHER
noob has some stupid stuff on shang when he's knocked down.. but i'm not sure if front portal would do anything since SS is stationary
yeah, this is about the characters who he can use front portal on. I already have other dumb shit to rape Shang with. :p