What's new

frametrap failure

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I have a sneaky opponent who found out he cant jump back or quick down poke me while I frametrap him. However, said opponent is having decent luck jumping over me. He's been able to do this over 50% of the time I trap him. It's getting very annoying. Anyone have any suggestions to stop this action? Any changes to the block strings? Am I just to slow on my down 1's and down 3's? 1,1 doesnt catch it and I dont always have meter to spare for F3,3,EXGB. I've actually had mild success predicting his jump and doing a U+2 into full combo, but eat shit if he blocks it. Thanks guys.

Generic String: F3,2, D1, F,3,2, D3, 1,1, D1, F3,3, EXGB.

It all depends on how the opponent reacts of course but that string is how i get my feel for what they do.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I have a sneaky opponent who found out he cant jump back or quick down poke me while I frametrap him. However, said opponent is having decent luck jumping over me. He's been able to do this over 50% of the time I trap him. It's getting very annoying. Anyone have any suggestions to stop this action? Any changes to the block strings? Am I just to slow on my down 1's and down 3's? 1,1 doesnt catch it and I dont always have meter to spare for F3,3,EXGB. I've actually had mild success predicting his jump and doing a U+2 into full combo, but eat shit if he blocks it. Thanks.
Reptile and Ermac can get out of Johnny Cage's frame traps because of their hit boxes. So, if your opponent is using one of those two characters then don't do the frame trap at all. If your opponent is using someone else then those two characters then I have no idea what to tell you.

Tremloc

Noob
I have a sneaky opponent who found out he cant jump back or quick down poke me while I frametrap him. However, said opponent is having decent luck jumping over me. He's been able to do this over 50% of the time I trap him. It's getting very annoying. Anyone have any suggestions to stop this action? Any changes to the block strings? Am I just to slow on my down 1's and down 3's? 1,1 doesnt catch it and I dont always have meter to spare for F3,3,EXGB. I've actually had mild success predicting his jump and doing a U+2 into full combo, but eat shit if he blocks it. Thanks guys.

Generic String: F3,2, D1, F,3,2, D3, 1,1, D1, F3,3, EXGB.

It all depends on how the opponent reacts of course but that string is how i get my feel for what they do.
You're too slow in your D1. If done right only a 6 frame attack or armor move will possibly beat it. D3 is 7 frames so you'll be beat outright if he spins as KL. If he blocks the D1 you're at disadvantage (i think) and he's free to do anything that's faster than the 9 frame F3 + whatever disadvantage you're at after a blocked D1

Fenro

Nordic myth
If you sniff out the attempt to jump over you can do a fast NJP for big combo damage make him think twice before doing those jumps. the jump is a risk on his part and so it is for you and if hes jumping backwards hes going right where you want him to go the shame corner where johnny is at his best. also don´t use a generic strings mix it up. use stuff like resets and dont just go frame trapping all the time.

jumping away from frametraps is a legit way to get away from there

OH! right and if you sniff the jump out you could also make a fast backdash to B3 instead of going for the NJP, it might actually be a bit more safer than going for the NJP