What's new

Frames for D1 on block?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
D1 is about -7 on block if I had to guess.
D3 is random I think, it seems to be different everytime I test it. Sometimes Jax is about +1.

Hopefully somberness will do the Jax frame data soon, I've been dying for it. D:

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
You guys should test this too, but what I find is that there are 2 different sets of plus/minus on block for all d1 and d3s.

There is a normal plus/minus amount, and then there's a plus/minus amount for when you release block on the first possible frame.

I find that in the first case it is always consistent, and in the second case it always causes zero blockstun.

That's why some frame data has certain moves (like kitana d1) at - a huge amount, when in gameplay it obviously isn't that minus most of the time, or it would be punished way more.

And with that in mind, as far as I know, Jax's d3 is plus on block normally, without the blockstun bug.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
You guys should test this too, but what I find is that there are 2 different sets of plus/minus on block for all d1 and d3s.

There is a normal plus/minus amount, and then there's a plus/minus amount for when you release block on the first possible frame.

I find that in the first case it is always consistent, and in the second case it always causes zero blockstun.

That's why some frame data has certain moves (like kitana d1) at - a huge amount, when in gameplay it obviously isn't that minus most of the time, or it would be punished way more.

And with that in mind, as far as I know, Jax's d3 is plus on block normally, without the blockstun bug.
Yeah, no way is Kitana's d1 -15 everytime. It pushes back a hella lot too compared to other d1s.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah, no way is Kitana's d1 -15 everytime. It pushes back a hella lot too compared to other d1s.
Yeah, if it really was -15 then that would mean that for reptile to mess up punishing it with an elbow dash would be nearly impossible, however it still happens.

It can however be that minus if they let go of block on the first frame (or maybe two?).

I really think that this is true, and I would love for other people to test it too. I've found pretty consistent results showing that that is the way that it works.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Kitana d+1 can be consistently punished. It is -15.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I suspect your theory is wrong. I do not know enough about Jax to comment about his low pokes so I'm only speaking of Kitana's d+1. I've never seen inconsistent disadvantage in testing or in real play. It's a 6 frame move with only 7 block stun, that's why it's difficult to push. I think the problem and apparent inconsistency are due to playing online, slow reactions, and counter pokes losing for hitbox reasons.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
There are certain characters it's much easier to counterpoke consistently than others though, for some reason. Jax is one of those characters it's a nightmare to try and counterpoke against because his frame data seems to be so random what with f4 and, in my opinion, his d3 on block.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
all pokes have no blockstun at all, but (especially d3) come out quickly and recover quickly. any perceived advantage has to do with the blocker's reaction releasing block. All d1/d3's are at disadvantage, especially d1. Also, you have to be sure you don't accidentally hit an input before you've released block or else you will be penalized with additional down-time frames.

I was playing CD jr's liu kang like 2 weeks ago or something and everytime I would go to d1 after a block string, he would block and then launch me with b312.

Without being able to get hard numbers, I would imagine that Jax has the "good" set of pokes that is shared with many other characters in the cast and they look like this:

execution/hit/block

d1: 6/+1/-13
d3: 7/+3/-7
d4 12/+15/0

So to answer UsedForGlue 's question, Jax's d1 is -13 on block.

If he cancels into a special, then that opens up a whole 'nother can of worms that I can't comment on.