What's new

Question - Raiden Frame data

mrtom

Noob
Does anyone know where I can find accurate frame data? There's no way the one included with game is correct since I've already found some obvious mistakes. I was looking over the high/low/overhead moves and noticed it has 34 as an overhead, which is correct but right above it has b34 also listed as an overhead which it clearly is not.

The other thing I don't understand and hoping someone can explain is why a normal has a startup of say, 7 frames but a combo starting with that same normal has 11 frame startup. Shouldn't the combo startup at the same speed of the first normal?

If there is no official frame data available yet maybe we can use this thread to post accurate data as they're found.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I was looking over the high/low/overhead moves and noticed it has 34 as an overhead, which is correct but right above it has b34 also listed as an overhead which it clearly is not.
You don't read it correctly.
for properties of first hit you read entry for 3 in basic attacks. 34 gives you properties for second hit of that string, which is an overhead.

The other thing I don't understand and hoping someone can explain is why a normal has a startup of say, 7 frames but a combo starting with that same normal has 11 frame startup. Shouldn't the combo startup at the same speed of the first normal?
For that very reason I described above. Frame data for strings always shows you properties of the last hit in it. For properties of the first hit refer to basic attacks table.

mrtom

Noob
You don't read it correctly.
for properties of first hit you read entry for 3 in basic attacks. 34 gives you properties for second hit of that string, which is an overhead.
b34 is definitely not an overhead even though it's listed as one, the first hit is a low and the second is a mid. 34 is an overhead.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
b34 is definitely not an overhead even though it's listed as one, the first hit is a low and the second is a mid. 34 is an overhead.
Well, that's probably a mistake.
Forgot about b34 and read it as 34, that's my bad.