What's new

Question Fought my first good Grundy today

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
He kept doing some Ex throw that placed him right next to me when it was done, then he would J3 and do a string/combo. I see J3 is -10 on block.. is this real? can i punish this after he lands?

How can I stop this set up? Do i need to perfect the difficult wakeup timing? Or can I block the J3 and punish right away? If i just keep blocking he gets more chip/meter or just throw me so I'd like to know what my real options are.

Thanks

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
He kept doing some Ex throw that placed him right next to me when it was done, then he would J3 and do a string/combo. I see J3 is -10 on block.. is this real? can i punish this after he lands?

How can I stop this set up? Do i need to perfect the difficult wakeup timing? Or can I block the J3 and punish right away? If i just keep blocking he gets more chip/meter or just throw me so I'd like to know what my real options are.

Thanks
Did you try to back dash?

LEGEND

YES!
Armor, Pushblock or a well timed wake-up

Ji3 is definitely not -10, pretty much none of the air attack frame data is correct on block ADV

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Yes Grundy is a problem for me too. If he that I get too scared to push block. I start dashing back, then try to bait him into a missed anti air & combo off of that. It's like a run away game when I play a good Grundy lol.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
After blocked jump 3 or jump 1 by grundy, you csn do any armored attack, throw, or backdash.

Only jump move he's + after is jump 2

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Noserfatu

After blocked jump 3 or jump 1 by grundy, you csn do any armored attack, throw, or backdash.

Only jump move he's + after is jump 2

Are you ilshowtime on ps3? That's who I was playing lol. I need to work on wakeup timing...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Push block seems super legit FOR Grumby. It leaves you neutral, puts you in the range where he dominates. WE NEED MOAR PUSHBLOCK
This

people just aren't blowing up the strings into trait grab yet. They don't know how. And i'm sure as shit not telling you how.

There are certain chars that can't even get up after a hard knockdown because of WC. Seriously. They can't jump backdash... just have to eat it or wakeup armor.

My advice would be to not get knocked down.

Noserfatu

I used KF, aquaman, and superman. I think I did the best with aquaman, then supes, then KF. KF can't yolo slide against WCC

Showtime

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Yep that's me lol, who were you using?

Showtime, I remember playing against you. Can't remember if i was being spammy or not. I apologize if I was.
I need to add YOU and Noserfatu cuz I have no one on PSN to play with... only random people =[

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
No your best bet is Supes, he can just zone grundy out all day, gets me pretty salty lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Personally, I thought at first Grundy is broken up close WAY too much armor....but then I figured out his weakness is FAR. Keep him far, far, far...

I have one friend brotherpluto who's got a great grundy, never misses his grapples so annoying but I noticed when I used Raven and HG and turtled he couldn't get me. Hard as hell let me tell ya...but worked. Up close I really believe Grundy is the best character in the game or easily one of the best...

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Personally, I thought at first Grundy is broken up close WAY too much armor....but then I figured out his weakness is FAR. Keep him far, far, far...

I have one friend brotherpluto who's got a great grundy, never misses his grapples so annoying but I noticed when I used Raven and HG and turtled he couldn't get me. Hard as hell let me tell ya...but worked. Up close I really believe Grundy is the best character in the game or easily one of the best...
If his WC worked properly, I would agree, he would be one of the best upclose.
But there are so many throw immune moves that you can never know if you are really going to grab the opponent or not...it's ridicolous. Today against Black Adam I whiffed 3 times in a row against different moves...

If our opponents start to abuse this throw immune property, it will be hella hard to beat any character...and doing WCC most of the times doesn't really help because Grundy gets hit after the armor vanishes

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If his WC worked properly, I would agree, he would be one of the best upclose.
But there are so many throw immune moves that you can never know if you are really going to grab the opponent or not...it's ridicolous. Today against Black Adam I whiffed 3 times in a row against different moves...

If our opponents start to abuse this throw immune property, it will be hella hard to beat any character...and doing WCC most of the times doesn't really help because Grundy gets hit after the armor vanishes
If a Grundy player knows what he's doing, He really doesn't need that though(Grundy has options up close)...I was blocking, experimenting vs. my friend and he still grabbed me one of those unblockable grabs, grapples=really annoying to deal with much less armor on top of it so you have to respect smothering him or second thinking it. I actually have an easier time vs. DD then Grundy up close because at least I can poke DD with HG, I can't do that with Grundy he eats the pokes and just grabs me...so I have to stay far. BA imo has an odd hitbox so I agree with you there, I've tried connecting certain Shazam combos and it whiffs down low...so due to that alone I dropped Shazam. One thing I figured up close that doesn't go in grundy's favor is that one grab tackle on whiff he gets severly punished but you have to move out of the way first and cross him up or quickly evade him then punish before he recovers.

This is why I prefer to fight Grundy from a far, I don't want him near me unless it's near the end of the match and I need some chip to win. That's a keep away battle for me.

my question with grundy is a wake up game vs him, I try to wake up and backdash and i'm constantly still getting grabbed. It's quite annoying.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
my question with grundy is a wake up game vs him, I try to wake up and backdash and i'm constantly still getting grabbed. It's quite annoying.
I think you might just be mistiming it, or your char doesn't have the greatest backdash. More often or not you can backdash trait grab. (Don't quote me though).