What's new

For a potential Kombat Kast: PC Version (Questions, Concerns)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
CONCERNS
With all NRS games ever released on PC it has been made clear by empirical evidence that the developers cared little to none for the PC versions of games such as MK9, Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2. This was proven by no beta access, not being connected to the same network that console players inhabit, issues at game launch, patches being several months to half-a-year late (Summer 2015 MKX was 3, that is THREE patches behind all other platforms) and various other bugs and problems slowly if ever addressed on the PC ports themselves.

QUESTIONS
Why is this?
What makes it difficult to give PC players the same experience that console players enjoy?
Going forwards, can we count on any improvement in this regard or is NRS going to keep treating the PC version on the backburner?
If the latter is true, what's the schedule for PC patches as opposed to console patches?

about 80% of the players dont give 2 shits about playing online, if they want to dabble with single player stuff on pc they can just download it. there's very little money in pc sales, so they outsource the port since it costs less than doing it in house. expect inj 3 and mk 12 etc to be the same

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Wth, Cheesus is my name on some other things...

Anyway, being a patch behind, buttons in Kustomization not working w/ gamepad...I expected QLOC to be better. Some general features (default variations not being tourney variations) bug the S outta me. For PC-specific stuff, the patch tardiness REALLY BUGS THE S OUTTA ME. I'm going to a tourney tomorrow and what can i do besides research what works on both PC and console?

The patch today said it "Updated Character moveset values, including frames, damage, etc.", but ppl are saying otherwise. I never really tested anything out b/c I wanted this to be resolved before I sunk hours into labbing. I don't wanna give up on MK11, but I think I've learned my lesson - NRS treats its PC community as second-class citizens, or worse. This'll likely be my last NRS game. Which absolutely breaks my heart to say. I played MK1 at the arcades as a kid. NRS was pretty much the only FGs I played from 2011-2017. But I just can't risk something like this happening again in Inj3 or MK12.