What's new

Folks Petition to bring back X-Box One Restrictions, HUH?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Some people were looking forward to the new policies. I'm not too familiar, but they say that XBox essentially becoming Steam on console could be huge for the future of gaming.

Idk...

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
Some people were looking forward to the new policies. I'm not too familiar, but they say that XBox essentially becoming Steam on console could be huge for the future of gaming.

Idk...
Steam works offline though.

I think the real 'future' was with cloud computing. Which, even if I can be connected 100% of the time, wouldn't work for me because my internet download speeds are atrocious. And many people are in the same boat. Maybe in 10 years, when highspeed internet becomes more and more widespread, but the time isn't right just yet. It alienates too many people to benefit the few. Not all games would have even used it.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Heres the thing, Microsoft announced a family share plan thing, and did not say shit about it. Then we complained about DRM and they took it away then acted like children saying "Oh well now you don't get this awesome shit hope you are happy." The thing is, they did not tell us any details about the "awesome shit". I guarantee the family share plan was FULL of red tape.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Heres the thing, Microsoft announced a family share plan thing, and did not say shit about it. Then we complained about DRM and they took it away then acted like children saying "Oh well now you don't get this awesome shit hope you are happy." The thing is, they did not tell us any details about the "awesome shit". I guarantee the family share plan was FULL of red tape.
Guaranteed it wouldn't have been as good as it sounded, but they had to get rid of it I think, the whole point of the internet check-in thing was to ensure that all the digital content on your console was authorized in some way shape or form, without the check-in/always online the amount of content sharing it sounds like they wanted to do opens the door for a lot of piracy.

So not so much acting like children I think, but I agree that as far as "awesome shit" goes we're probably not missing out on much...

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.

Idk...
From Microsoft?People's delusion astounds me sometimes.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
From Microsoft?People's delusion astounds me sometimes.
Sort of... I mean my issue really wasn't with the once a day check in... it's mainly the always on kinect and the fact it won't work in my country at launch.

A steam-like system for a console would be pretty decent, if done correctly that is. I mean to be able to get your console games day 1 release via download is nice, although if games are getting bigger in size maybe not. Also I think the idea of Steam + sharing games would be good, but I doubt that's what MS intended so again, maybe not.

I think that if it was really successful and would lead to sales like Steam does, and would allow them to lower prices faster, then it might have been better received, so instead of trading in games they would just be cheaper faster?

However as it stands the XBox One is still an unattractive concept for me.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
Sort of... I mean my issue really wasn't with the once a day check in... it's mainly the always on kinect and the fact it won't work in my country at launch.

A steam-like system for a console would be pretty decent, if done correctly that is. I mean to be able to get your console games day 1 release via download is nice, although if games are getting bigger in size maybe not. Also I think the idea of Steam + sharing games would be good, but I doubt that's what MS intended so again, maybe not.

I think that if it was really successful and would lead to sales like Steam does, and would allow them to lower prices faster, then it might have been better received, so instead of trading in games they would just be cheaper faster?

However as it stands the XBox One is still an unattractive concept for me.
Microsoft one of the most money and DRM hungry companies ever doing something like Steam?Lulz

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Everyone here has already covered what I was gonna post but I wanna say I love AlphaOmegaSin. One of the reasons I still check Youtube for general gaming news lol.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Microsoft one of the most money and DRM hungry companies ever doing something like Steam?Lulz
I can understand why to an extent, due to their lack of Blue-Ray their console games (along with Nintendo) were the most pirated current-gen.
Are they that DRM hungry though? I mean sure with the XB1 but 360 doesn't seem to enforce that much crap?

As for money hungry... aren't they all? With the exception of maybe Nintendo because their decisions seems to scream "we don't want your money!"

Either way, I hope the Xbox One ends up doing okay now that they've reversed some policies... but I'm a little doubtful. It'd be great if at their GamesCom press conference they actually addressed peoples questions and didn't go for the "LOOK AT ALL THE GAMES!!!" smokescreen. I just want them to make it good enough so I can justify getting it and playing KI :oops:

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
It's like videomage Darwinism...

Let'em jump into that tar pit to get the last tasty bite of that sinking mastodon. We'll be better off without them in the long run.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
i'll just leave what i posted on the other thread

I support it. But only for my personal interests, i don't buy or sell used games in fact i loathe having to go and buy games at gamestop. And i like to share shit over distances with friends. The only true drawback was the internet connection, but in reality im rarely to almost never out of internet for more than one or 2 hours.

They are fucking retarded. Microsoft needs to get their story straight. Any fan that can't understand why people don't want to have to have Internet connection to play the games that they bought and have physical copies without Microsoft co-owning it, is simply selfish and/or does not understand the full concept of what Microsoft is trying to do. I doubt they would go back their original plans without making everything VERY clear this time.

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Didn't read, but it's quite funny they want to restore these polices yet when we had these polices they bitched about it.

It basically says the new policy also took away the ability to access your digital library on everyone else's console and took away the ability to digitally share their games with ten friends.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Reeks of bullshit
I like w/ this a comment on the petition
"I love restrictions. I want always online DRM. I want the game rental business to become obsolete. I don't want to let my friends borrow games, because fuck them. All I care about is my god damn new age console that'll blow everything else out of the water! Fuck the PS4 and fuck those Sony guys for catering to fans who care about their gaming experience. Fuck PC, that shit is stupid. Steam? Fuck that shit. They never have sales or anything. It's not as affordable as buying my games from the XBL marketplace. I love Microsoft and their business practices will be the best forever. Fuck yes. <3 Xbox."