What's new

Tech Flying bat cross-up

So it seems like batgirl has the ability to cross the opponent up on their wake-up using flying bat, i'm not sure if you can do this mid screen, but in the corner it's very effective, the process is simple, knock the opponent down (preferably a hard knockdown) then dash forward once or twice (depends on the knockdown advantage of your ender) then do flying bat immediately, you have to do this as the opponent wakes up, and it will cross-up, i'm not entirely sure because i didn't have extensive time testing it, but theoretically it should reverse wake up inputs, it can be blocked easily by holding down (nullifies cross up because flying bat is not overhead) but that opens the opponent up to having to get opened up by B2 into a full combo, you can also mix in B1 for same side mic ups, and the opponent will have to guess which side to wake-up on after you dash forward, creating a sort of 33/33/33 mix up that i was sure @SonicFox5000 was talking about and trying to hide.

You can do this after a 50/60% damage combo in the corner ending with DB2U by doing double dash into mix-up, and that's the biggest pro about it since the re-stand vortex can only be done from 30% combos in the corner, a few cons would be however:
Flying bat is very unsafe, so if the opponent blocks it you risk getting punished opposed to her safe 50/50 mix up.
The only way to combo off flying bat is to meter burn it, and even then the amount of damage you get will still be significantly less than her traditional 50/50.
Compared to her traditional vortex, this can be escaped out of (the opponent can wake up, even though it's a 50/50 chance) and the fact flying bat can be punished makes it weaker.
I'm not sure, but flying bat/B2 mix-up has a significant frame difference that would make it (theoretically) fuzzy-guardable.
So remember, this piece of tech is not perfect and has a lot of flaws compared to her traditional vortex, but is still useful, i'm pretty sure sonic fox knew this but decided to keep it a secret, so watch out.
Props to sonic fox for finding this tech and inspiring me to create this thread

Last edited:

SonicFox5000

The Best.
So it seems like batgirl has the ability to cross the opponent up on their wake-up using flying bat, i'm not sure if you can do this mid screen, but in the corner it's very effective, the process is simple, knock the opponent down (preferably a hard knockdown) then dash forward once or twice (depends on the knockdown advantage of your ender) then do flying bat immediately, you have to do this as the opponent wakes up, and it will cross-up, i'm not entirely sure because i didn't have extensive time testing it, but theoretically it should reverse wake up inputs, it can be blocked easily by holding down (nullifies cross up because flying bat is not overhead) but that opens the opponent up to having to get opened up by B2 into a full combo, you can also mix in B1 for same side mic ups, and the opponent will have to guess which side to wake-up on after you dash forward, creating a sort of 33/33/33 mix up that i was sure @SonicFox5000 was talking about and trying to hide.

You can do this after a 50/60% damage combo in the corner ending with DB2U by doing double dash into mix-up, and that's the biggest pro about it since the re-stand vortex can only be done from 30% combos in the corner, a few cons would be however:
Flying bat is very unsafe, so if the opponent blocks it you risk getting punished opposed to her safe 50/50 mix up.
The only way to combo off flying bat is to meter burn it, and even then the amount of damage you get will still be significantly less than her traditional 50/50.
Compared to her traditional vortex, this can be escaped out of (the opponent can wake up, even though it's a 50/50 chance) and the fact flying bat can be punished makes it weaker.
I'm not sure, but flying bat/B2 mix-up has a significant frame difference that would make it (theoretically) fuzzy-guardable.
So remember, this piece of tech is not perfect and has a lot of flaws compared to her traditional vortex, but is still useful, i'm pretty sure sonic fox knew this but decided to keep it a secret, so watch out.
Go watch winner finals me vs kdz at winter brawl. You can do this trxh midscreen, and I knew about this 3 months ago lol. This isnt the 33/33/33. I do have hidden tech though, WILL NOT FRONT. Like instant kills. Its great lol

Go watch winner finals me vs kdz at winter brawl. You can do this trxh midscreen, and I knew about this 3 months ago lol. This isnt the 33/33/33. I do have hidden tech though, WILL NOT FRONT. Like instant kills. Its great lol
I saw you do it at stick wars, so i knew it like 2 or 3 months ago, but goddamn TYM didn't send me the confirmation mail, also, you said the 33/33/33 mix up was B1,B2 and a 6 frame cross-up so i was assuming this was it.

Well back to the lab, i'm going to uncover your secrets.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah, let's be serious Batgirl is the queen of cross-ups. She is scary after a hard knockdown. So many options.

astronout

see you at the top.
If flying bat can be blocked simply by holding down, thus now option selecting blocking B1, isn't it still a 50/50 but now between B2 and and a very unsafe crossup?

I'm of course talking about the mid screen vortex.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I saw you do it at stick wars, so i knew it like 2 or 3 months ago, but goddamn TYM didn't send me the confirmation mail, also, you said the 33/33/33 mix up was B1,B2 and a 6 frame cross-up so i was assuming this was it.

Well this is part of it, now figure out how to do it midscreen lol

RiBBz22

<< @SonicFox5000 starts sweating as he fears another thread exposing his tech without any props. >>

RiBBz22

I'm pretty sure you can do this midscreen with a bola. Just dash up twice and it crosses up.
He is talking about off a hard knockdown. The bola cross up is similar, but it doesn't work on small hitbox characters consistently.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah, I've used it once or twice, but tbh, I prefer to go for db33 in the corner after a hard knockdown. You get them blocking either cross up or non cross up and then you can go for the low/bait a wakeup attack. That's more of a 33/33/33 to me. If you dash forward you also get to reverse their wakeup so that they wakeup into the corner (much like how doomsday dashes forward after earth shaker). The timing is to dash forward just as the opponent's feet begin falling to the floor.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
12b2 triple dash bat uppercut, 12b3 double dash bat uppercut to do it midscreen.

Last edited:

SonicFox5000

The Best.
<< @SonicFox5000 starts sweating as he fears another thread exposing his tech without any props. >>

No its different if you KNOW its my tech yet you completely discredit me. But its just strategy and using the lab alot for me to find tech lol. Just like how I have a godlike joker, and joker has a block infinite.

RiBBz22

No its different if you KNOW its my tech yet you completely discredit me. But its just strategy and using the lab alot for me to find tech lol. Just like how I have a godlike joker, and joker has a block infinite.
Oh lawd, just play along and roll with it

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Discovered this at TFC, pretty much ruled it useless because of the stupid down to block thing.
I hit you with a b2. Hit confirm into b2u3. Full combo into 42% damage. You wakeup but I stuff it and you get put into vortex. You guess wrong. GG:DOGE

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I hit you with a b2. Hit confirm into b2u3. Full combo into 42% damage. You wakeup but I stuff it and you get put into vortex. You guess wrong. GG:DOGE
She has better less risky ways of stuffing up wakeups.

Also why would you not put them into vortex from the beginning?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
She has better less risky ways of stuffing up wakeups.

Also why would you not put them into vortex from the beginning?
I was having a laugh, just making a joke to point out why blocking low wont always work by making up a hypothetical situation. Its a :joker:!

I was having a laugh, just making a joke to point out why blocking low wont always work by making up a hypothetical situation. Its a :joker:!
In this situation, if people block by holding down, B1 has the exact same effect as flying bat, only it has the added benefit of
1)not being telegraphed by doing hard knockdown and dashing twice.
2) not being unsafe as hell
3)actually doing more damage.
4) not requiring meter

I've tried it against players, if they're good, it may work one time... Ever.

The speed difference between flying bat and B2 makes it easy to fuzzy down->high.

I think the down to block mechanic is really dumb, cuz it ruins fun stuff like this.