What's new

General/Other Flash's wakeup MB Headbutt/charge breaking armor

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
In light of the big balance path arriving, I feel the need to question the community about this move.
It essentially escapes anything remotely related to wakeup pressure, and is only punishable by the opponent duck-blocking, sitting there.
If stand-blocked, its on (?) positive frames, which I'm kind of fine with, as we can duckblock and punish instead.
But, because this move immediately breaks MB armor, it leaves our only possible option for pressuring flash in the form of a cross-up, to hopefully reverse his inputs before Flash gets this move out.
Even moves with more than 1-2 hits of armor usually won't touch this- because most of those moves are throws.
Should this move not be meter-burnable when colliding with armor?
Thoughts, please-

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
I think its fine as Xen said for now. Maybe nerf the damage we can get of mb Lighting charge by a little bit.

And on the wake up pressure, I'm sure you just stand block the first hit and duck the second one to avoid sitting crouched while trying to pressure on wake up.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Depend of the armor & LC MB I guess because I got fucked by some timing pretty often.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i can confirm that if your MB b3 f3 is fast enough and you do it at the right time, you will hit flash out of his MB LC and full combo him with MB B3/f3 because you are hitting him as the second hit is coming out and you b3/f3 avoids it, almost as if he is ducking, and tbh its kind BS, i waste a bar in two situations now if you guess i will wake up with MB LC, either you duck or MB B3 if you are a big character, KF or NW escrima you need to start MB B3 the flash's wake up if you make that read since you can never duck an avoid of a point blank MB LC wake up attack.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
i can confirm that if your MB b3 f3 is fast enough and you do it at the right time, you will hit flash out of his MB LC and full combo him with MB B3/f3 because you are hitting him as the second hit is coming out and you b3/f3 avoids it, almost as if he is ducking, and tbh its kind BS, i waste a bar in two situations now if you guess i will wake up with MB LC, either you duck or MB B3 if you are a big character, KF or NW escrima you need to start MB B3 the flash's wake up if you make that read since you can never duck an avoid of a point blank MB LC wake up attack.
Or, y'know. You can just duck, block the first hit and then whiff punish Flash as he does the second hit. This way you don't waste any meter and you'll probably get a better starter than F3 or B3.
I wish the second hit on LC MB was mid, but I can deal with it not being so. Otherwise Flash just gets in for free every time.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Or, y'know. You can just duck, block the first hit and then whiff punish Flash as he does the second hit. This way you don't waste any meter and you'll probably get a better starter than F3 or B3.
I wish the second hit on LC MB was mid, but I can deal with it not being so. Otherwise Flash just gets in for free every time.
yeah well MB B3 covers all options if you do it right, like if i wake up with LK cancel rms, sonic pound which on hit with meter will do 57% with trait, LK wake up, FU wake up etc etc if you don't wanna guess which one is coming out.