What's new

Match-up Discussion Flash vs Hawkgirl

I had originally said that after NEC I was done with this game, putting my focus on KI. Maybe I'll keep up with Injustice for fun, still on the fence. But either way, thought I was on my way to top 16 out of pools until I played against TrePound's hawkgirl. As per AK Pig Of The Hut 's advice in his recent podcast, I'd like to ask if anyone has a decent strategy laid out against this character as Flash. This was only my second time playing against a hawkgirl, and I don't even think I did that bad. Lost 2-1 in a close match. I felt like I was in constant blockstun. Couldn't possibly go through a playbyplay because I don't know the character. Tried flying uppercutting out of the (frame traps?) but only got punished for it. Any advice? I understand that this could just be put in a Flash MU discussion thread, but they seem kind of dead. Props to Trepound, great game.

Is there a specific strategy for a flash player to use against Hawkgirl?

there is a post concerning tis along with footage. it is an awkward match. Step one training mode the wake up attacks to take away that advantage, ideally you should do this s every character as flash. learn the hit confirms to trait off of j1 and flying upper if you can. her wing evade drop kick is punishable if they do not delay it. you gotta just react it. it's obvious but avoid taking stray hits, she is one of the hardest one hitters in the game. like all flash matches impose your will really.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I had originally said that after NEC I was done with this game, putting my focus on KI. Maybe I'll keep up with Injustice for fun, still on the fence. But either way, thought I was on my way to top 16 out of pools until I played against TrePound's hawkgirl. As per AK Pig Of The Hut 's advice in his recent podcast, I'd like to ask if anyone has a decent strategy laid out against this character as Flash. This was only my second time playing against a hawkgirl, and I don't even think I did that bad. Lost 2-1 in a close match. I felt like I was in constant blockstun. Couldn't possibly go through a playbyplay because I don't know the character. Tried flying uppercutting out of the (frame traps?) but only got punished for it. Any advice? I understand that this could just be put in a Flash MU discussion thread, but they seem kind of dead. Props to Trepound, great game.

Is there a specific strategy for a flash player to use against Hawkgirl?
you have to play this match alot to get it, its hard and retarded because when you do catch her she can duck b22f3, the 2 and the f3 all whiff on her most of the time, then any frame traps you do get her on is negated with WE and flash's high damage combos are all grounded combos and she is never grounded unless you start neutral jumping her WE 3 and full combo punishing. then FU into trait for 50% helps if she stays in the air for too long and finally MB f3 her mace charge on wake up b3 doesn't work. its only a 6 - 4 in her favor its just hard until you play against her constantly.

Won't say 6-4 but I haven't won a ft3 against a HG in a long time. Luckily I hadn't lost to one in tournament in a long time too though.