What's new

Video/Tutorial Flash strafe interactions

Man. . . was saving some of this for Evo. . . but since you already posted I got some good combos for you. So a lot of your setups revolved around your back to corner, but you can do a side swap mid combo. So Metrop(street) corner combo to mb LK neutral 3 interact grab j.3 interact B3 J3 112 LC. Great 48% for one meter invest. I am sure there are better ones, but this was the easiest one I could do consistently and this combo also recorners so that you can repeat it for a kill. Fortress of Solitude you can do a similar combo but instead of juggle interact you can do stage bounce etc.

Side note since you had that trait combo, you should drop your combo and chuck barrels while trait is up. It does sick damage. There are a lot of stages where you want to drop the finisher on trait combos to get a reset combo. This is what lets flash compete with other characters that have a capture move to do resets (batman, grundy, etc.)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Man. . . was saving some of this for Evo. . . but since you already posted I got some good combos for you. So a lot of your setups revolved around your back to corner, but you can do a side swap mid combo. So Metrop(street) corner combo to mb LK neutral 3 interact grab j.3 interact B3 J3 112 LC. Great 48% for one meter invest. I am sure there are better ones, but this was the easiest one I could do consistently and this combo also recorners so that you can repeat it for a kill. Fortress of Solitude you can do a similar combo but instead of juggle interact you can do stage bounce etc.

Side note since you had that trait combo, you should drop your combo and chuck barrels while trait is up. It does sick damage. There are a lot of stages where you want to drop the finisher on trait combos to get a reset combo. This is what lets flash compete with other characters that have a capture move to do resets (batman, grundy, etc.)

Awesome! Gotta remember to try this!

Good stuff man

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
man Earth 2 Flash looks retarded. This is very useful stuff, though. I'm sure I've done it accidentally before, but didn't get anything off of it

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
man Earth 2 Flash looks retarded. This is very useful stuff, though. I'm sure I've done it accidentally before, but didn't get anything off of it

But it's based off the original flash, Jay Garrick! That automatically makes it cool.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372879556.811645.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372879567.085564.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372879576.868130.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372879584.101816.jpg

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Yeah didn't think about that barrel. Good idea :D

About the corner combo to mb LK neutral 3 interact grab j.3 interact B3 J3 112 LC, I'm dropping after the b3 Ji3 (the opponent is falling way to fast for the 112 charge). Any specific timing for the interac or b3 ? Do you NJ3 ?

EDIT : ok so you actually saying I need to empty LK MB as a starter ?

No you combo start timing is strict, use j2 after b3 to make it easier, main thing is to keep em cornered to bait the interact punish or recombo sonic pund crossups or whatever corner strategy you want.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
No you combo start timing is strict, use j2 after b3 to make it easier, main thing is to keep em cornered to bait the interact punish or recombo sonic pund crossups or whatever corner strategy you want.
Too hard ^^ I'll keep doing b2, 2, LK MB, 3, interact grab, Ji3, interact, b2, 2, f3, charge for 47% (44% from a d1 and 48% from 112) ^^ This is still decent damage for such an easy execution ;)

Thx for the tip btw. :)

Against a cornered opponent (i.e. when Flash is facing the corner), 3~b+interact can reverse an airborne opponent allowing the headsmash interactable to connect. Making use of it will require a dedicated setup as the positioning and gravity are fairly specific. To test, corner a training dummy and perform f3, 3~b+interact.

Additionally, if you juggle an opponent into the corner and end the combo with a regular ground pound (leaving Flash in the corner), there is a small window wherein the opponent is unable to duck as he stands up, making him free to the headsmash interactable. This assumes he doesn't perform a wake-up move.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Against a cornered opponent (i.e. when Flash is facing the corner), 3~b+interact can reverse an airborne opponent allowing the headsmash interactable to connect. Making use of it will require a dedicated setup as the positioning and gravity are fairly specific. To test, corner a training dummy and perform f3, 3~b+interact.

You obviously don't read what is writen here. You just repeating what has been said previewsly by Harold.. :(

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
How many times kan you use the gun interactable per match?

In training mode I'm only able to use it once and it gets annoying to practice kombos with this limitation.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
How many times kan you use the gun interactable per match?

In training mode I'm only able to use it once and it gets annoying to practice kombos with this limitation.

Yeah I've had this problem as well, you shouldn't use the select reset button or the gun will stop targetting after 1 shot.

and don't forget you can also 3, 2 for full reset before the interact grab.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah I've had this problem as well, you shouldn't use the select reset button or the gun will stop targetting after 1 shot.

and don't forget you can also 3, 2 for full reset before the interact grab.

Guess I gotta get that habit out right now.

By 3 2, you mean after the Lightning Kick to leave them standing?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Guess I gotta get that habit out right now.

By 3 2, you mean after the Lightning Kick to leave them standing?

Yes, it's not garanteed like the 3, grab interact but they aperently have a very short window to do something and it's even better if they don't expect it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yes, it's not garanteed like the 3, grab interact but they aperently have a very short window to do something and it's even better if they don't expect it.

It didn't feel like a short window to me.. Seemed like you kould mash backdash...

If they don't expect it then I guess it's good but I wouldn't really use it otherwise. Good to know though.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It didn't feel like a short window to me.. Seemed like you kould mash backdash...

If they don't expect it then I guess it's good but I wouldn't really use it otherwise. Good to know though.
You will smash back dash just once or twice, after eating the charge you will give up that option.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
You will smash back dash just once or twice, after eating the charge you will give up that option.

I wouldn't..

Charge doesn't do that much damage and you're backdashing out of the korner.

It's a mixup that's not in Flash's favor kompared to the other option of getting full damage and then a mix up in the korner.

Moiravus

Noob
Has anyone tried doing something like this? It can also be started with d12 meter burn lightning kick 3 grab. Also if you trait after the f3 or a sonic pound combo, you can do 4 lightning kicks and get them to go over your head (doesn't work on some characters) into grab b3 b22 lc for about 54-58% depending on how you started it.

Edit: This doesn't work after f3 only sonic pound combos for the second part, looks like this

SaJa

FH_FenriR
How practical would you say landing this combo is?

Those combo are 100% viable online.

I can do consistently the metropolis one :

LK MB, 3, interact grab, Ji3, interact, b22f3 charge back to corner for 48% easy execution.

I have hard time with the sonic pound MB, 11, 11, b22, interact however. :/

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Those combo are 100% viable online.

I can do consistently the metropolis one :

LK MB, 3, interact grab, Ji3, interact, b22f3 charge back to corner for 48% easy execution.

I have hard time with the sonic pound, 11, 11, b22, interact however. :/

I always find doing the sonic pound a lot more fiddly than lighting kicks, especially since LK MB is just burned into my brain after a starter. But I'm trying to retrain myself to get that SP MB, dash. Most of the time I just do what's more consistent. In laggy situations, trying to dash after a SP MB is a toughy. LK MB is easy to hit confirm anyways.