What's new

Tech Flash Lightning Kick

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
nice video presentation, certain people may like just reading it and seeing, rather than hearing me explain the tech like my video.

Yeah the f2 mixup is a BIG part of Flash's mixup since Lightning Kick is ~+15 on hit, so you have a 16f overhead ready and waiting to use to put on the pressure. Didn't know about the walk-up throw not being jumpable that's pretty dirty, although I did have my suspicions about throw options general when I found out you cant just hold UP to escape a meaty grundy trait grab. (Not sure if oki options and standing options vs throws are related or even if they all work the same though.)

Bluez

~ Rialt1 PrimE ~
I was in the process of making a video just like this lol. Excellent job here bro.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
How fast is jumping in this game? I don't understand how you can jump out of the 16f over while being +15

Cozby

Noob
Thanks for the feedback guys.

The stun caused by Lightning Kick is 16 frames, but the amount of time before the opponent can react is only around 6-8 frames. I tested this by setting the cpu to do lightning kick > neutral jump, and jumping simultaneously. So yeah lightning kick is only +7.

Regarding jumping, when I was working on that video, I made clips of me doing the lightning kick > throw setup. If its slightly slower, the opponent can't neutral jump out BUT they can jump forwards /backwards to get out, which would imply neutral jumps are slower than the other two.