What's new

Fixing my Xbox One Dpad (Tech savy help appreciated)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I have an issue with my Left directional button on my Dpad! All 4 directions still click, but the left will miss inputs sometimes, id say about 13 out of 30 times, its a real problem.

I currently lost my Torx T8 Security Screwdriver

and have another on the way, from what i understand is The Buttons are replaceable but the Circuit connections are not,

The Xbox One Wireless controller has no Gel pads and has made the connections Metal squares on a circuit board,

so when its clean and all 4 are still clicking and It's still not fixed i guess we have no means to replace whats broken or do we? At least not a cost efficient way to my knowledge, i assume the Circuit board is more costly that the controller is and essentially is what you are paying for when you buy a controller. Then i further checked out some other parts and found the Rumble packs are not replaceable either since they are shouldered to the board.

As you can see you would have to solder it on:

Back to where im at, the Dpad only the left one misses sometimes but it still clicks correctly, so does it need a good cleaning? or what would some of you tech savy users say my options to fix my contreoller is?

So after i take out the 5 T8 Screws should i clean it with 99% Rubbing alcohol with Q-tip? or what?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
KI and Madden killed 3 controllers. When I bought MK, I also bought a pro controller and that one is still the same as it was day 1.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
this is cool-e-o and I like that there are people that get into DIY stuff.. but,... if it was me .. I'd just buy a new one.