What's new

Tech - Blood God Finesse's Blood totem truth pt1

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
So there has been some tech I've been holding onto since kotal got his last bloodgod buff and I'm gonna allow the community to see it since it's never really been exposed. The blood totem is far far too under used because not many ppl understand what happens when you get the totem how it benefits you and could change how u play kotal Blood God!
http://xboxclips.com/MRFINESSE28/99217a29-2d19-4601-b757-2edf51f07040/embed
To explain I do f1 b2 to blood totem standing 1 f 2 grab sacrifice . Of course that damage out put with no meter isn't his best but it's all about YOUR mind set and how YOU play kkbg. What this does is put you in a situation where each hit after the totem is called drains the opp health and meter sending it to the totem. Which all goes into kotals health and meter NOT just meter. Now the recent buff allowed kotal to sacrifice his own health in to the totem as well. What that does is mind boggling! Why....a 20-30% sacrifice of your opponents health plus meter + 10% of your health and 1/16 of your meter grants you 16% or more of health back, a bar of meter, a damage buff, and grants u the power to do HUGE damage on your next 3 hits.Pizza boyz
http://xboxclips.com/MRFINESSE28/21b769ff-b8ec-494d-8d27-e2c069eaee79/embed

I'm still exploring this tech. All I ask is that I get finders credit Thx Mrfinesse28!

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
I labbed the blood totem usage recently too and found some setups that might or might not be practical.
Regardless this is some good usage of the totem you found.

What I'm tryin to do is get multiple blood sacifices in one blood totem.
If you get 2 BS (blood sacifice) that's 20% health back, granted you sacrifce 20%, but also 2 dmg buffs.
The most important aspect is that you get near to crystal totem dmg while also getten almost 1 1/2 bars of meter.

In a perfect world u get a blood totem and a sacrifice on then f2 f2 f2 uppercut and sacrifice again that would be about 45% dmg (not sure) 33% health back and 1 1/2 bars of meter.

It's hard to get a BS in the neutral espacially if they know what you're goin for.
The f12 ender is smth I've noth thought of so thx for that.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Now an interesting question...

If you put up the blood totem and Ferra/Torr does a pain and gain, do you get the health they give up?

Mrfinesse28

Your Sacrifice Honors Me!
If this was common knowledge ppl would be taking advantage of it. Ppl wouldn't be askin for totem knowledge.ppl would be using this more . The tech is a setup to gain meter n use to totem more effective. Maybe it has been know by some other ppl but nobody has exposed the proper usage how to guarantee setups which can lead to bigger situations. This is why I stopped sharing tech with Tym it's always some know it alls who aren't open to new ideas

mattnin

Noob
I like to use blood totem when trapping an opponent in a corner. If I can get just one throw in, I can usually back off long enough to time out and get back a little health and with any luck a final blood sacrifice. Definitely doing this on 2nd round too and setting up for brutality.

Oh and BTW, nerf Mrfinesse :)

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
If this was common knowledge ppl would be taking advantage of it. Ppl wouldn't be askin for totem knowledge.ppl would be using this more . The tech is a setup to gain meter n use to totem more effective. Maybe it has been know by some other ppl but nobody has exposed the proper usage how to guarantee setups which can lead to bigger situations. This is why I stopped sharing tech with Tym it's always some know it alls who aren't open to new ideas
Don't let that stop you.
I appreciated it and will use some of your setups.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Does anyone know the rules to the blood totem? It seems the amount of meter it drains is less than the amount of meter your opponent gets on hit from some attacks. Or maybe it doesn't kick in with some attacks. It's not like Ancestral Kung Jin where the arrows just take meter away.