What's new

Finding New Tech with joker

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
So I was messing with mr J today trying to learn the doctorine Dark corner combos. They are way stylish with gunshot and surprisingly easy to land.
I was thinking of ways to get a reset amd came up with a few but nees further testing.

113, D2 teeth, D1, B1 teeth, d2 crowbar overhead.

The second d2 forces a quick stand which makes it hard for a opponent to react with a wake up. This also makes the second teeth hit right after the restand so if not blocking low can cause a reset.
Now. The d2 into overhead makes it so the overhead comes out after the d2 hits right after. It does not combo with the d2 but makes it hit at exactly the samw time as the low teeth making it unblockable.
Together it gives you 40% which is not more than the standard combo but its stylish and gives some ideas.

So I tried the following
113, D2 teeth, D1, B1 teeth, D2 Cancelled into f3 (cost 2 bars)
This also causes the f3 and teeth to hit at the same time causing a unblockable and a relaunch for a bigger combo.
The f3 cost 2 bars though but it has armor so if your opponent manages to get his wake up in during the small restand frame then chances are he still eating the f3.

Further testing I realized rolling back during restand time makes everything whiff (great -_-) although time is strick if opp is not mashing tech rolls.

Anyways just wanted to give you guys some ideas and looking for some stuff.

One thing I really want to find is ways to make jokers f3 or b3 cross up in the corner when opponents are knockdown. A lot of other chars have this and im sure Joker has it somewhere

Need you guys to hit the lab.

Hopefully Joker gets mad love mext patch and has some buffs added like f2 being a overhead. All these resets shenanigans are nice but opening a opp up in the first place is nearly impossible with no mix up.

One thing that would be great is making his back dash and forward dash better. They get Joker nowhere and makes it hard to keep opponents off.

Anyways. Carry on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Its a shme joker has nothing going for him midscreen, atm it looks like were dry with tech, he needs heavy buffs right now. 2-3 weeks to see. Crowbar has pretty weird properties but I haven't found anything with it other than swag crossup crowbars as combo enders.

Cat

Its a shme joker has nothing going for him midscreen, atm it looks like were dry with tech, he needs heavy buffs right now. 2-3 weeks to see. Crowbar has pretty weird properties but I haven't found anything with it other than swag crossup crowbars as combo enders.
Same set ups work midscreen.

32 mb low tank. B3. D2 teeth. J2. Teeth. D2 crowbar. Both hit at the same time amd resets for 15 percent more.
You can sub the crowbar for f3 but vost 2 meters which is 3 total so not really a good waste.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Hold it. You want MORE overheads? Bro, Joker has one of the best non-combo-able, short range, 25F overheads in the game, its called b2. Also, his 32F overhead, called f3, is one of the most telegraphed, therefore feared, moves in the game. Joker needs a nerf IMHO.

Lol now that that's out of my system, to the lab! (Thanks for the ideas)

Cat

Hold it. You want MORE overheads? Bro, Joker has one of the best non-combo-able, short range, 25F overheads in the game, its called b2. Also, his 32F overhead, called f3, is one of the most telegraphed, therefore feared, moves in the game. Joker needs a nerf IMHO.

Lol now that that's out of my system, to the lab! (Thanks for the ideas)

Lol Troll pls..
To the LAB!

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Interesting. What about using f21 or b13 on the restand instead of the two meter f3 cancel? Probably not enough time, but figured it might be worth considering, even just an empty b1 on the fast stand to catch them when they aren't ready could trip them up maybe (though then they can just block low). Or maybe an instant j1/2/3? Either way, give another option against people that know about the other setups in the corner and off his BnB, so cool stuff.

Cat

Interesting. What about using f21 or b13 on the restand instead of the two meter f3 cancel? Probably not enough time, but figured it might be worth considering, even just an empty b1 on the fast stand to catch them when they aren't ready could trip them up maybe (though then they can just block low). Or maybe an instant j1/2/3? Either way, give another option against people that know about the other setups in the corner and off his BnB, so cool stuff.

Didnt give instant j1 a try although might be out of range. Won't work midscreen cus of push back for sure

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Cool find. I've been wondering why this forum has been so dry. I'll try this before I leave for work in the morning and let you know what I come up with. I hope he does get a buff man.

StevoSuprem0

Cool find. I've been wondering why this forum has been so dry. I'll try this before I leave for work in the morning and let you know what I come up with. I hope he does get a buff man.
At this point we have alot of people waiting on the patch to see if he's gonna be worth playing still. I'm always gonna be having fun with him, but we've taken him about as far as he can go in his current state IMO. Tough to win without REALLY outplaying your opponent in most matchups. Hoping this patch opens up some new possibilities, or at least gives his neutral game a big bump.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
At this point we have alot of people waiting on the patch to see if he's gonna be worth playing still. I'm always gonna be having fun with him, but we've taken him about as far as he can go in his current state IMO. Tough to win without REALLY outplaying your opponent in most matchups. Hoping this patch opens up some new possibilities, or at least gives his neutral game a big bump.
Lol I think the only think left to explore now are trait specific combos and set ups.
Im thinking with trait it'll be easier to time safe jumps and stuff.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Lol I think the only think left to explore now are trait specific combos and set ups.
Im thinking with trait it'll be easier to time safe jumps and stuff.

Yea, you are on the money. The only difference I noticed in terms of specific combos go was that in HA! level 3 you can instant nj2 and combo into 3 instead of 1 for combos. A more damaging combo sure, but good luck on getting to HA! level 3 in the first place lmao

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I tried labbing it up with Joker and found a few interesting things but he seems like he has too many problems right now. If he gets some pretty decent buffs next patch I will try him out for sure.

StevoSuprem0

I tried labbing it up with Joker and found a few interesting things but he seems like he has too many problems right now. If he gets some pretty decent buffs next patch I will try him out for sure.
He's very fun to play, but certainly has his downfalls. Did you find anything new by chance, or just some stuff that's already kicking around on this forum?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Hmmm... I had a similar idea to yours (D2>BF3 to make an unblockable with teeth in the corner) while I was out of the country and only recently had time to test it, but we can make a dirtier situation still with this. (Wall of text incoming as I have no recording devices)

It's going to look like I'm going off topic at first but bear with me:
Any combo you start that puts them in the corner you should finish (IMO) with 212>BF3. Why? This allows you to do a B1 OTG, which you can cancel into teeth. The most important part of this though is that they can not tech roll or do a wakeup if you do this.

Now I know, they can block the OTG if they know it's coming and I *think* punish you for doing teeth (Not sure what the blockstun on B1 alone is and too tired to check atm), but even if they do that the teeth still hit and you should be able to get a minimum of flower wakeup off of that (Still testing. This does not apply to characters with slides that are fast enough to punish and get them away from teeth), keeping them in the corner and making an otherwise neutral situation. So even in the situation where they try to punish teeth, it's still a trade in your favor.

Now okay, we OTGed and put teeth on them, so the obvious goal now should be to hit with an overhead to create an unblockable. You need either a F3, a B2, a F21 or BF3 to accomplish this. The problem with pretty much all of those however is that if the opponent jumps over you, these options will all whiff (I think; I forgot to test B2 since I frequently forget it's a move).
For this reason, D2 canceled into BF3 is the only choice that covers all of the opponent's options, and more importantly, allows you to reset right back into the same situation.
Now I am somewhat inconsistent on this, but I'm fairly certain you can time it so both the BF3 and teeth hit at the exact same time, but even if you don't it's still hard as hell to block, if possible at all.

That said, there are a few problems with this set up:
1) They can try to punish when you throw teeth. Now this trade is in our favor, but dealing damage without taking it is always better than trading. One possibility would be to mix in B13 or B1>BF2 if you think they're going to block the low then press buttons. If you make them scared to do it they should just start respecting everything.

2) Relatively low combo damage. The only way to guarantee that an unblockable that loops back into this situation is to cut them combo very short from what I've seen. Now if B2 catches jumps and starts fast enough to stuff any attempt to punish it (Although if you've done a D2>BF3 or two before they probably won't press buttons there), that could be a different story...

3) While working on this set up, I've seen a glitch happen a few times where at the end of a BF3, Joker's last crowbar hit will send the enemy behind you instead of in front, essentially making Joker corner himself. Not entirely sure why this happens, but it feels like it only works with a specific timing, so if we learn to do it with the right timing we should be fine.

This isn't the be-all end-all Joker corner tech or anything like that, and I've probably written a lot more here than it warrants, but I wanted to throw that out there and hopefully someone can improve it.