What's new

Finally...

Sup TYM, fresh and free MKX player here whose been lurking for months, which mainly has to do with the fact that I tried registering ages ago but I could never get the confirmation email lol. Still in the process of trying to figure out my mains there, and I also recently picked up Killer Instinct where I've taken a shine to Omen. Hype for both of their upcoming seasons and SF5.

well if you are looking for a main in MKX first, we need your playstyle AKA what kind of characters you tend to like to play, like for example I like Space control so i love and succeed with playing characters like Lasher Takeda and Balanced Kenshi.
In KI I tend to use Omen as a projectile rushdown character and it helps that his mixup game is pretty heavy. He also has good footsie tools which I like for spacing purposes.

Not sure if that helps, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
^^ States it well.

Figure out what type of player you are. Rush down (Sonya, Johnny Cage, Cassie Cage, Tanya), zoner/space controller (Kitana, Kenshi, Takeda, Tremor?), or maybe a mix of both? I recommend trying characters you like the feel of, regardless of tier. But a beginning character I'd recommend is Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, or Cassie Cage. You can get a feel for how you like to play through them. Be sure to browse through the forums for tech on the characters, as well as strategies and more.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
In KI I tend to use Omen as a projectile rushdown character and it helps that his mixup game is pretty heavy. He also has good footsie tools which I like for spacing purposes.

Not sure if that helps, but that's the first thing that comes to mind.
Immediately makes me think of Tremor, who has like 4 different projectiles and a lot of fullscreen options, and he uses a lot of them to set-up his rushdown offense. He's a really strong character with a lot of depth. I don't know anything about Omen tho