What's new

Tech Finally hitting like a man - Arrow's corner 50/50 (with added swag)

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Ok so I've been playing around with this trying to hit it consistently. The only way I could do that was to alternate between j2 and j3 which is ambiguous enough I guess. The funny this is (as mentioned in the OP) you'll end up on the opposite side no matter what but they'll have to block the j2 as if it weren't a crossup (sort of how DS sword spin can cross you up in the corner but still put you back into the corner). This doesn't work after a f3 however. So here's some ways to get into the 50/50 and how to capitalize on it. Also, empty jumps ftw.

PS: I only tried it on BA, it might be fucked up on Catwoman or something. Will try more some other day.
The J2 mixup does work consistently (i.e- it doesn't keep hitting in the same direction):

-If you hit them with a standing Ice Arrow, e.g- F3 D2 111 xx Standing Arrow (also, it does work after a F3), you can either sky alert or walk back & whiff standing 1. Using these two and varying your J2 timing will ensure it either crosses up/doesn't crossup.

-If you hit them with a crouching Ice Arrow & then Sky Alert, it's generally not a mixup as it usually hits in the same direction. To mix up the J2 after Low Arrow, I found it's best to whiff a standing 1, then J2.

Finally, yeah the swag resets are gimmicks - however they're gimmicks because they always hit crossup. It only whiffs/can be blocked in either direction if you're too slow with the Reload Arrow. Just tested it out on Catwoman to be sure.

I was also testing on my friend and it seems that the J2 generally hits crossup on Lex unless you severely alter the timing of the J2. It's like you just slide over his big, bald head.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
The J2 mixup does work consistently (i.e- it doesn't keep hitting in the same direction):

-If you hit them with a standing Ice Arrow, e.g- F3 D2 111 xx Standing Arrow (also, it does work after a F3), you can either sky alert or walk back & whiff standing 1. Using these two and varying your J2 timing will ensure it either crosses up/doesn't crossup.

-If you hit them with a crouching Ice Arrow & then Sky Alert, it's generally not a mixup as it usually hits in the same direction. To mix up the J2 after Low Arrow, I found it's best to whiff a standing 1, then J2.

Finally, yeah the swag resets are gimmicks - however they're gimmicks because they always hit crossup. It only whiffs/can be blocked in either direction if you're too slow with the Reload Arrow. Just tested it out on Catwoman to be sure.

I was also testing on my friend and it seems that the J2 generally hits crossup on Lex unless you severely alter the timing of the J2. It's like you just slide over his big, bald head.
Perhaps you're right, I just found the timing to vary too much to depend on it. I want to know whether or not I'm gonna cross up, although since it's the same combo I guess it doesn't matter that much. Same with the reload arrow. Then again I'm an online player so I have to rely on stuff that works without perfect or even good timing.

HeroesNZ

Perhaps you're right, I just found the timing to vary too much to depend on it. I want to know whether or not I'm gonna cross up, although since it's the same combo I guess it doesn't matter that much. Same with the reload arrow. Then again I'm an online player so I have to rely on stuff that works without perfect or even good timing.
Don't get me wrong, I have no clue which way the J2 is gonna hit lol - I just know that varying the timing changes which side it hits on. But like you said, in this case it doesn't matter.

Honestly though, I like mixups where you don't even know which way it'll hit. Makes it seem more random, as it eliminates player tendencies imo.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Don't get me wrong, I have no clue which way the J2 is gonna hit lol - I just know that varying the timing changes which side it hits on. But like you said, in this case it doesn't matter.

Honestly though, I like mixups where you don't even know which way it'll hit. Makes it more random, as it eliminates player tendencies.
Very true. I guess I just wanna know to be able to make the read and feel AWESOME about my AMAZING skills(/luck). I guess both versions are usable either way. I kinda like j3 for some corner interactables.

HeroesNZ

The swag resets are kind of viable! All you need is a combo that freezes your opponent for the maximum length of time, such as F2D13 D2 xx Standing Arrow.

I was experimenting and it looks like the mixup comes from hitting the opponent while they're frozen (crossup) & hitting them while they're just getting out of the frozen-state (non-crossup).

If timed right, the difference between crossup/non-crossup is only a frame or so.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Updated OP w/ more resets. One of them includes Sky Alert hitting a standing opponent.