What's new

Fighting against reptile

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i know how to play him pretty well, but odly enough i don't know how to fight against him very well, can anyone fill me in, mostly i just need to know what to be ready for as far as setups go, i still havent quite mastered reptile either.

my mains as of right now are Kitana, Kung Lao and Reptile
Im going to be completely honest with you man,there are not many formulas to shut down characters if any.obviously the biggest problem against reptile is his dash.especially online.Work on developing your footsies,zoning,and figure out the fastest combo starter to punish his dash or slide.Im pretty sure that shouldn't be a problem for KL and Katana.I use to main reptile and he can still be a pain at times.I even tell myself what I need to do to win this match before it starts and I could still get bodied.I might not even block as dash to get the chance to fully punish him.He can be overwhelming once he gets in and my success comes from just keeping him out just like cage and sonya.Just keep playing using good fundamentals and you will gain more matchup experience that way.and learn some frame data.I feel your pain though.I have the most trouble with maleena,Lao,nightwolf,quan,and scorpion.When people are godlike with those characters,I just can't get shit going.lol

Axel_Redd

its not that, i know how to counter his specials and what not, its his setups i that i need to know how to counter...mainly the the ex slow forceball then elbow dashing in for pressure with the ball following close behind. I use that type of setup a lot my self, but i have no idea how to counter stuff like that, or how to react to regular slow force ball when reptile follows up from behind. those 2 setups right there give me the most trouble. if i can learn to deal with them, i'll be much better off.

If being stuck behind a forceball is your problem, jump forward and kick. A lot of reptiles like to dash and jump in for pressure when they are behind the forceball. You can also armour out if you have meter.

Sent from my PC36100

Axel_Redd

and what about when they rush in front of the forceball? that one is also tricky.

also i tend to see people backing away when reptile does stuff like this either when he follows behind or goes in front of the forceball... does that make it easier to avoid the setup?

and what about when they rush in front of the forceball? that one is also tricky.

also i tend to see people backing away when reptile does stuff like this either when he follows behind or goes in front of the forceball... does that make it easier to avoid the setup?
It certainly messes with they're spacing if you back up from them.

Sent from my PC36100

Seapeople

This one's for you
It's pretty situational as to how you deal with slow forceball set ups. Putting out your own form of containment can be a great way to stay in control (ex sfb as Reptile, ex low hat as Kung lao, ice clone as Sub Zero, etc)