What's new

Strategy - Mileena Fight Begins - what do you do for first hit?

Since the first hit gains you a bar of meter I thought it would be interesting to see how people are approaching getting the first hit.

My goto is usually D3 followed by F4,4. If the character doesn't have a teleport I try to get back and get a low sai in

Sub:
His D4/Slide is popular so I block, D3 then F4,4

Kung Jin:
Probably incoming NJP so walk backwards

Last edited:
Usually fish for B1 in piercing, or look to Roll punish whiffs.
But I end up trying a lot of things, lol.
- Run up grab
- Step forward and D4 if they try to move
- EX Roll if they like to attack first

Usually fish for B1 in piercing
I do like B1 for Dvorah but it is a bit scary as it is kinda slow. A lot of my stuff gets blown up if they jump in but sometimes D3 will low profile enough

edit: Dvorah D4 too good - looking for better options

Last edited:

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
EX roll, F44, move backwards against Kung Jin and Ferra/Torr, jump-in punch, low sai, D4, D3, B1 in Piercing, and high pounce.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Neutral 123, neutral 21U4, Quick Taste Extend, F4 High Pounce, D3, NJP, or Roll/EX Roll are my typical starters.

If I'm feeling iffy about the start, I'll crouch block just to see if I can capitalize on a whiff or a block string.

Last edited:

Iced_Taz

Characters loyalist :)
With Sub Zero - D4

With Kotal Khan - D4

With Ferra/Torr - D4

With Predator - D4

With Shinnok - D4

:]

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What not to do against Tanya: Yolo roll, yolo teleport, yolo sai, run towards her, downpoke.
What works against Tanya: Block high and expect low, mash throw button while blocking. Punish or backdash and whiffpunish depending.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Hell Sparks
Jump back instant air teleport into a blocked j3 and then go for something silly like an amulet strike iunno yolo right?