What's new

Question Few questions. Some help required.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
How reliable is up3 as anti air?

Can you make all your strings safe with a dagger toss cancel? And how much advantage is there (if any) on block right up close? Let's say you get a blocked 2122+1 Dagger cancel.

What is the most damaging meter less reset combo starlet has?

And finally, what is the most damaging combo after an over head (db2)?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
How reliable is up3 as anti air?

Can you make all your strings safe with a dagger toss cancel? And how much advantage is there (if any) on block right up close? Let's say you get a blocked 2122+1 Dagger cancel.

What is the most damaging meter less reset combo starlet has?

And finally, what is the most damaging combo after an over head (db2)?

Any help would be great. Thanks.
-U+3 is okay, but you I would reccomend F+4 over it. It's 3 frames faster (i13 as opposed to i16) and has better range.

-I don't think Dagger cancelling make strings safe at all. It's something to do with the recovery of the cancel itself. I could be wrong butI would always cancel into Red Dash then Slide which is -3.

- In my personal opinion after changing a lot of the ways I used to play my character. Especially during the last few days. I would say that all the of the best combos Skarlet has are right here in this post. Major props to Red Raptor10 and also Ninj.

Here's a BnB to get you started as well:

-After landing a Down Slash. I do: U+3 xx Air Dagger (land) 2,3 xx Red Dash xx Up Slash F+4,3

So you're picking up Skarlet now? What happened to Jade and Smoke? I thought you would give up with Jade because she was making you rage. lol. With that said, I haven't heard anyone talk about your Smoke in ages. Anyway, come here for Skarlet advice we all try and help each other.

UsedForGlue

I am still using jade, she is one of my stronger characters now funny enough.

I just think skarlet has amazing close strings and easy to hit confirm everything from, but I wish her df2 was safe.

So is the slide into 4 safe?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
So is the slide into 4 safe?
This is Skarlet. Your pressure game revolves around making them guess wrong when you are going to cancel your string with d,f,3, then go into slide or overhead. 4 after the slide is safe and will make em want to block low, once you've trained them to block low hit with your overhead. You should know though that your input of 4 after the df3 has to be immediate, or you can be hit out of the dash, so don't get lazy on that input.

The forward 212,1+2 string is nice because the last hit is overhead, and then you can cancel with df3 then low or overhead mixup, or you can cancel after just the toward 212 with df3 then high or low mixup. This setup on its own is beast and will destroy all scrubs, however high level opponents are able read it easily and even fast special you out of it mid string, so like all characters, you have to mix in all of your tools in order to win ;)

Long story short, to answer your question, don't dagger cancel your pressure strings, use the slide or overhead cause thats how you setup the big stuff. If you are looking for more mixup and feel the need to do a dagger cancel right in their face, it has to be Enhanced, that can actually be pretty effective.

Drayn0

Noob
You can also use En dagger toss and cancel out of it immediately for frame traps. But that costs meter and its crouch-able so use sparingly. Another note is that skarlet's f4 has almost just as much range, if not the same range as her d4 and is really good when you cancel into red dash mix-up afterwards.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Another note is that skarlet's f4 has almost just as much range, if not the same range as her d4 and is really good when you cancel into red dash mix-up afterwards.
Good point. I love f4 and d4 canceled immediately into dash, so fun.

UsedForGlue

Ok, so I'm really shitty with her at the minute, but what I'm getting is, it all comes down to finishing combos and having the opponent conditioned to blocking low after your slide and either safe sliding or just going back into 112...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Ok, so I'm really shitty with her at the minute, but what I'm getting is, it all comes down to finishing combos and having the opponent conditioned to blocking low after your slide and either safe sliding or just going back into 112...
First learn the mechanics of her specials. Get better at dagger cancelling - there are a lot of reasons to dagger cancel and you'll want to be able to when you need to. Ending a combo with 112 is a trade-off: less damage for no get-up. Some characters will take advantage of an attempted rush-down from a linked DF3,DB2/DF2. Be quick with DF3,4 - that move is more powerful than some may think.

Go to the post patch skarlet combo thread and practice her BnB's. There's a video of 3 BnB's that're 36%, 38%, 42% respectively. Once you're good with those, try moving up into the 44-48% combo's. Linking into DF3 from a variety of moves is the mark of a solid Skarlet, mainly F4, B2, 2,3, 2,1,2,1+2, B1,1,F4...

ryublaze

Noob
If the opponent is crouch blocking and you cancel a string into daggers, they will miss. The daggers won't miss after a crouch blocked 1, 1, 2 and B1, 1, F4. but still like others have said, it is probably better to use red dash for mix-ups.

UsedForGlue

rlly? Its +22 according to the frame data
Just checked, its +22 on block, and her :r:bp is -19 frames on start up, so if you get do :r:bp:fp:bp:fp+:bp into :en Dagger Cancel on block, you can repeat the exact same string again. That's the sort of shit I am glad this character is capable of.

UsedForGlue

rlly? Its +22 according to the frame data
It appears if you do any string and finish with a regular Dagger Cancel up close on block, you will have to dash back, as its -1 on block an opponents 6 frame move will punish your next attack, but its +12 on hit, so if you hit confirm that, you will be able to go into :fp as its 10 frames.

Past

Noob
lol no problem, everyone makes mistakes.
It was my fault. I know that there was some preliminary frame data on Scarlet's moves that had en daggers as +1. Shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Anyway after slide is blocked, can you do another en dash to bait a d1? I'm trying to figure out the rock-paper-scissors game that occurs after the slide is blocked.

UsedForGlue

It was my fault. I know that there was some preliminary frame data on Scarlet's moves that had en daggers as +1. Shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Anyway after slide is blocked, can you do another en dash to bait a d1? I'm trying to figure out the rock-paper-scissors game that occurs after the slide is blocked.
Yea, a smart opponent will be crouch blocking the slide, and then fuzzy gaurd the over head if he.she see's it coming.

You can absolutly dash with no input, then do another :en Dash to go through what an opponent might do, but you have to hit confirm it or else you will go into an over head against an opponent doing nothing except standing holding block, and then you will be fully punished.

Its best to go for the slide, especially if your a good footsie player. Because after always ending in a slide, you will at some point have conditioned the opponent into initially crouch block it, instead of prepping a fuzzy guard. And of course the :en Over head comes out alot quicker and the animation is different, so it will beat the crouched fuzzy guard. And when I play against Skarlet, I just stand blocking her string, get hit by :bk after the dash and I tech roll out of any pressure she was looking to set up. Same as Sonyas over head tackle, take the tackle and put an end to her pressure.

After a blocked slide, I get a D3, then back off for an opponent jumping, happens almost everytime, but thats online for you.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What's the best thing to make damage right after JIP the oppoent in the air ? I use to do f4, 3, but not sure if it's the best.

Ninj

After rereading I understand what you mean. Ideally you want to F4,DF3,DB2 xx 1,1,2,DF3 for reset and probably ~20% damage.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
So....does her getting covered in blood actually do anything like her description says? I've been wondering this since she came out.

Ninj

So....does her getting covered in blood actually do anything like her description says? I've been wondering this since she came out.
Nah, she just feels more comfortable, relaxed. Remember: a blood-covered Skarlet is a happy Skarlet.