What's new

Question - Cyrax Few questions about fighting Cyrax.

Hey guys, so im on the Cyber Sub Zero hype train, and i dont really want to play Cyrax. However, given his popularity, fighting him frequently is inevitable. So i just have a few questions about him.

is there a generic answer to how to block his hard to blockables? Like, will it ALWAYS hit overhead - low ? Or low - overhead ? If so, what is the order? And if not, whats the general strategy for escaping them?

The other question i have is about his teleport. So, when i get a Cyrax to the corner, do a bnb, end in f2 bomb setup, they just TP out. So my question is, if i 1000000 % KNOW that he is going to go with TP to escape the setup, what is my best option to counter it ? I went into practise to try and whiff punish it, but it recovers pretty much instantly on whiff. So again, what is my go to option if i am certain that he is going to wake up with it to escape the corner ? Cheers.

Ayyjayyy

DevilApes
To counter his tele, you can meaty him because the armor starts late, or just practice the punish (which you should anyways, because otherwise he'll get free teleports and that should not happend)

To counter his tele, you can meaty him because the armor starts late, or just practice the punish (which you should anyways, because otherwise he'll get free teleports and that should not happend)
Ah okay. i didnt actually realise that it could be punished. Since he doesn't actually hit you after he teleports. I was just practicing it then, and if you input the punish as hes off the screen going behind you, you can get it. You have to be really on point though.

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Cyrax has a tough time dealing with Zoning. He'll try to counter zone with Net. Don't let him catch you.

I use Mystic Ermac so I like to keep him at TELEpush distance. And if I see the start up of a net or bomb I teleport and punish. And if he tries to teleport punish him hard. Make him scared to teleport.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Cyrax's hard to blockables can either hit OH/Low, Low/OH or Throw/Low. All hit within a frame of each other, loop back into themselves and the throw can't be teched lol.