What's new

Feels like I've hit a wall

ScorpXL

Goro?
Hey TYM, I don't post much, I mainly just lurk but I've learned a lot from this site and feel like I've improved a lot thanks to the very helpful guides here. I also try to watch the various streams and tournament matches whenever I can and it always amazes how players like Sonicfox, Foreverking, DJT, etc can be so good at the game. Anyway, I'm not trying to raise my skill to a competitive level or anything. I just want to reach that level where I can say that I'm not shit at the game lol. Unfortunately, as the title states, I'm not sure how to further improve.

Mk X is the first fighting game that I've really gotten into. I've played all of the old MK games, I own both injustice and MK 9. However, for the latter two, I was always busy with something and didn't have much time to play, while my friend who loves injustice (but refuses to get Mk X because it has a block button :confused:) would often use me as a punching bag lol. I still kept trying to improve though, but I wasn't as motivated as I am now. Basically, my idea of "training" back then was watching a combo video, then proceeding to fail said combo for 10 minutes, then quit and call it a day.

Anyway, I felt that playing against other people would help me gain more experience and improve as a player, but sadly my experience online hasn't been very consistent. Other than the poor net code, most of the players that I've faced online are either 1) Use spammy moves/tactics that are easily punished then proceed to complain when they lose 2) Get so cocky if they win and so salty if they lose. I've also had people refuse to rematch me because my character is "OP", even though I main Goro. :p Rant aside, I feel stagnant because I want to learn from my losses but most of the time, the matches end too quickly and my opponent quits before I can even figure out what I did wrong. The built-in match record feature doesn't work half the time either. And I'm not sure if it's because of the input delay or I just suck lol, but I drop combos way too often when I play online. Anyway, I'm basically just looking for a training partner, or just someone to have some friendly matches with and maybe give a few tips on how to become a better player overall. I'm on Xbox One. My GT is johnnyOWNAGE (ironic GT, cuz I'm still kind of trash at the game hehe). Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance! :)

TLDR: Help me level up :cool:

like he said play test your might people or find someone who stream on your console who is good and join his KOTH that s what I did to get better you ll find people you have good connection with and who are good.
Ps:are you on ps4 or xb1

ScorpXL

Goro?
like he said play test your might people or find someone who stream on your console who is good and join his KOTH that s what I did to get better you ll find people you have good connection with and who are good.
Ps:are you on ps4 or xb1
Yeah, in retrospect, I should have done that from the beginning. Thanks for the reply. I'm on xbox btw.

If you want you can hit me up when you see me online and we can spar I can t really give you any advice since I m not a gorro main or have fought a lot of gorro

ScorpXL

Goro?
@Tweedy Sweet, I'll add you. :)

@takgillo It's alright. I just want to get in some good matches. No Goro experience is necessary. :p

Edit: Btw, I usually only play on Fridays and Weekends because I'm busy with school.