What's new

[Feb 7, 2014] Blu Planet Kombat #2: Friday Night Weekly (Massapequa, NY)

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
NY/LI revival! Featured games: Injustice(360), Killer Instinct(XB1), MKT(N64) and MK9(360/ps3).

Tournament Schedule:
6:30-9 pm Mk9 or MKT (whichever has more signups)
9pm-12am Injustice

There will be a $5 venue fee and we'll leave it up to the players on whether or not they'd like to put money on the line for the tournaments. Our tournaments will feature round robin format giving our players the most bang for their buck! Casuals will be available throughout the entire night.

Blu Planet Comics is across from the Massapequa LIRR station and has free parking at the Library the block over on New York Ave.

Pub and Grill across the street along with a pizza place a block away!

Streamed @ http://www.twitch.tv/995phil

@R.E.O.
@9.95

Champion
Ok...

-I am not sick
-I do not have any other plans
-I do not anticipate having to work late
-No inclement weather is being forecast for that night
-I want to play MKT
-I have all my stream equipment ready

If there is anything else that can stop me from making it this time, SHOW YOURSELF NOW!!!

REO

Undead
Seriously lol
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to borrow someones controller again. I just tried looking all over my house for my controller. I definitely lost it. I can't even remember the last time I had my own controller. :/

RapZiLLa54

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to borrow someones controller again. I just tried looking all over my house for my controller. I definitely lost it. I can't even remember the last time I had my own controller. :/
I got you.

Reactions: REO

RapZiLLa54

Heres what the setup will look like tonight.

Between 630-9 for tournament
2 MKT setups (n64)
or
2-3 Mk9 setups (360)

Between 9-12am for Injustice tourney
3 Injustice setups (360)

We will have at least one XB1 running KI tonight and make sure each game has at least one setup for casuals during the tournaments.

Last edited:

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty

2 MKT setups (n64)
or
2-3 Mk9 setups (360)

3 Injustice setups (360)

We will have at least one XB1 running KI tonight and make sure each game has at least one setup for casuals during the tournaments.
9-12am??

Champion
5 1/2 hours is short lol? C'mon man
This became one of the problems at VSM. When we first started I remember that You, me @Dark_Rob and @R.E.O. were the only ones there early. They used to open the doors for us at 5 and almost alway stayed open to 2am, but players stopped coming at 5/6pm and started showing up at 8/9pm instead, effectively cutting their time in half.

Show up on time, and it's not a 3hr session, it's 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

2 MKT setups (n64)
or
2-3 Mk9 setups (360)

3 Injustice setups (360)

I'm obviously not going to attend since I'm across kountry but I would think 2 of one set up and 1 of the other would be better for those that kame to play one game wouldn't it? As long as you have a good rotation system of kourse (like 2/3 then gtfo).

So from 630-9: 2 MK9, 1 Inj
And from 9-12: 2 Inj, 1 MK9 ?

RapZiLLa54

I'm obviously not going to attend since I'm across kountry but I would think 2 of one set up and 1 of the other would be better for those that kame to play one game wouldn't it? As long as you have a good rotation system of kourse (like 2/3 then gtfo).

So from 630-9: 2 MK9, 1 Inj
And from 9-12: 2 Inj, 1 MK9 ?
Pretty much, it all relies on the turnout for each game.

pherleece

Woolay
People get out of work around 5-6 normally so im sure thats whay people arrive arounfd 8 or 9. I can only come if I get out of work at 8 and I have to pick up my girl first to drive her home. I wouldnt get there till 10 or 11

Champion
People get out of work around 5-6 normally so im sure thats whay people arrive arounfd 8 or 9. I can only come if I get out of work at 8 and I have to pick up my girl first to drive her home. I wouldnt get there till 10 or 11
Believe me, it doesn't take 3 hours to get there. 3 hours is a commute to Philadelphia, not Valley Stream or Massapequa.

When VSM first started, REO, Rob, myelf and AJ were there, and usually no later than 6:30, and that was when I was picking REO up from Roosevelt Field. That's an extreme scenario though. I don't expect anyone to drop what they're doing and race over for casuals at exactly 6:30. I also don't expect people to say that they're only being given 3 hours when that's clearly not the case. If you can't take advantage of ALL the time, then take advantage of as much as you can.

Pherleece, your case is different because you can't physically leave work until 8pm at the earliest. People that are out by 5 or 6 and come to the venue (no excuse about food, Rapzilla has already posted where the nearest food places are to the venue) right from work/school, shouldn't really be there later than 7 or 8.