What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Stand Up or Lay Down (Tulsa, OK)

Israfel

Designer for BxA

WHEN:
February 20th, 2016
1:00 pm CST

WHERE:

Wizards Asylum
7165 S Mingo Rd
Tulsa, OK 74133

GAMES:
Guilty Gear Xrd (Ps3)
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Mortal Kombat X (Ps4)
Street Fighter V (Ps4)
Ultimate Marvel V Capcom 3 (X360)

FORMAT:
FT 2 until Winner's/Loser's Finals
This even is being put together thanks to Game Over Entertainment. We found a new larger venue that should prove to be a much more comfortable environment for the competitors. All games will be played in a 2/3 format until we hit Winner's/Loser's finals which will move into 3/5.
Further event details can be found on the facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1512885119013595/

Event Details:
$10 Venue fee at the door on the day of the event + $10 per game you intend on competing in. If you pre-register for the event at http://www.gameoverent.com/#!register/c21nl you can save $5 on your venue fee.
Please be aware that this is a BYOC (bring your own controller) event so come prepared with your own pad/fightstick to compete.

Schedule:
1:00pm : Setups available for casual play
2:30pm : Guilty Gear Xrd
3:00pm : Killer Instinct
3:30pm : Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
4:00pm : Mortal Kombat X
4:30pm : Street Fighter V​

Last edited:

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@Israfel On it! Working on getting the word out to the animal kingdom too.

Dude, this is going to be awesome! I hope I'm not the only one who shows up for Killer Instinct like always,Ha!

Man I wouldn't have guessed there was a scene in OK.. would love to support it but I have a prior commitment that weekend..

Any of you guys in OKC?

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Texas just gonna come and mawhp again. Dont do this to yourself guys. :DOGE
TBH, I relish stronger competition. I know some people want TX to stay in Texas but how are you going to get any better or push yourself? Anyways, Texas or no Texas I am hoping this will be a fun event in a new venue.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Man I wouldn't have guessed there was a scene in OK.. would love to support it but I have a prior commitment that weekend..

Any of you guys in OKC?
There are quite a few people in the OKC area actually. Have you ever been to Sunny's Game Lounge? They are trying to get a weekly thing on Sundays going.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
T

That would be sick.. I had no idea. I'm not great at the game by any means, but always trying to improve.
Sunny's is trying to have a regular weekly for fighters on Sunday around 3:00 for $5 venue fee. Myself and another player try to go there every week on Sunday's and we play MKX,KI, and once it comes out SFV. I'm not the greatest either but being able to play other people in person and go over how to improve is really helpful.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
T

That would be sick.. I had no idea. I'm not great at the game by any means, but always trying to improve.
add me for games on PSN: The_Israfel or STB_Israfel
more than happy to help out. There is also a PSN group called OKFGC I believe. I try to update it with local tourneys coming up and what not.

Sounds good fellas, I'll send you guys invites.. I also plan on playing SFV when it comes out.

Won't be able to make it to Sunny's this Sunday because of V-day.. but next Sunday might be possible if I'm back from Arkansas in time..

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea, D-Town Beatdown and a lot of week 1 SFV tournaments are happening that weekend so I doubt any of Texas will be able to come through. Maybe the legendary Bearclaw can win his local for his fellow Oklahomans...

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Yea, D-Town Beatdown and a lot of week 1 SFV tournaments are happening that weekend so I doubt any of Texas will be able to come through. Maybe the legendary Bearclaw can win his local for his fellow Oklahomans...
I believe the "legendary" bearclxw is going to D-Town Beatdown actually.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
Sounds good fellas, I'll send you guys invites.. I also plan on playing SFV when it comes out.

Won't be able to make it to Sunny's this Sunday because of V-day.. but next Sunday might be possible if I'm back from Arkansas in time..
Actually me and a player by the name of Xavior might meet up and through out next week to train in MKX,SFV, and KI in preparation for the Beatdown tournament happening on the 20th. If you add me I'll message you on PSN to let you know what days and times we are going to Sunny's to train.

Israfel

Designer for BxA
Can't wait to see everybody tomorrow! Get ready to get free'd up. ;)

Not by me of course, I'm garbage lol