What's new

Strategy - Kotal Kahn Favorite Corner Poke

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Hey everybody!

I just wanted to find out what's everyone's favorite button to use in the corner. We've got all this awesome tech for block damage that Qwark's provided us, so I was just wondering:

1. What are your favorite tools for getting someone to the corner?
2. What is your favorite tool to keep someone in the corner?

1. My favorite tools for the corner push are the Level 3 Sun God Choke; ending juggles with 1,1,4 (> EX Sunstone); f+4, ending juggles with b+3,2. Sure, these normally are less damaging... but the corner play helps me out more than raw damage now.

2. My favorite tools to keep someone in the corner are the components of Qwark's block sequence (namely 1,1,4 > EX Sunstone or b+1,1,2 > EX Sunstone), or d+4 > EX Sunstone. All of it either gives you tons of frames on block, or sets you up for a high damaging combo. The main reason I like d+4 so much is because even though they can block on hit... some people don't, and it allow you to us d+4's awesome range on block without losing thread.

I'm looking forward to hearing your responses!!

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Its mad simple, and a bit depending on the character you are fighting, but to keep people contained in corner NJK does wonders. The way his hitbox is aligned almost every reversal that can be attempted whiffs, goes under kotal(and you get punish), or just gets beat clean. I have had many doubters as to how well it actually works, but in live fire situation it has always proven true(on most characters).

Just do it, if it hits repeats, if block then b1 whatever or d4 whatever.

Don't do it against johnny cause your balls will just land perfectly on his fist when he does the ex.