What's new

Fatality Friday 10-31-08

Noob
Sonya's = Cammy's assassination of the senator in the beginning of SF2 the Animated Movie.

kensi

Noob
good god. what happened to mortal kombat? i'll try this out when it's released either way, but i think this whole mk-dc thing is a joke still. hopefully they'll figure out when this fails to go back to their roots.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I'll be honest - I'm lookig forward to this game, minus Fatalites, Lex Luthor, Rage & Klose kombat.

Oh well. I am a big of a DC fanboy (same with Marvel)

Maybe Mk9 will be a return to true 2-D MK:D

ZAQ

Noob
Damn, Subs looked good at least.
I swear all of these characters movements are based on richard divizio's overacting
(Watch Catwoman while she jumps off of her opponent... completely rich)

I agree w/ Static

Pretty annoying to see on other forums and such that all the fatalities being flamed INSTANTLY. I clearly see this a DC fighting game... not a tr00-MK-game-of-the-entire-MK-world. Its just a damn side-project. The T-Rating is not THAT horrendous. I mean these are DC super heroes & villains we're talking about and I can see how they would market such a game to teens and not JUST a mature audience.

It does look like a fun game nonetheless. Some aspects I really don't like, but that's common. Hell, this is just the first project, and since I hear DC is signed on for 1-2 more games with MK or Midway or something, I can see them improving and adding additional characters in later installments. Maybe making it better.

Think of it this way, this can be MK;DA;D:A of next gen systems. MK9 could be the one! To each his/her own though.

on: topic. First 2 were mediocre. Sub-Zero's was badass! Right up there with Scorpions.

Just saw this today, I missed it last week. What's up with the unecessary prolonged throws being fatalities? Sonya's fatality was a bone-breaker in MK4, Sub's brought that MK3 fat back, and isn't Catwoman's fat. the exact same thing as that throw during the gameplay?

Killer Instinct 2 had better finishers than this...