What's new

Fatal Fury - City of the Wolves

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think the cell shading does a lot to make up for the less graphically impressive character models(which you expect for a lower budget/expectations game like this)

I'm a big fighting game enthusiast but personally not seeing a ton of appeal, someone be a hype man

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'l try it out... to be honest, I have never thought the FF games were any good after the move to 3D... I played the crap out of Fatal Fury Special. Maybe this one will be a return to form.

MuMuGuy

Noob
Yeah… not gonna consider buying this bullshit at launch.

• KOF14 launched with numerous game and character breaking glitches and had game and character breaking glitches negligently patched in until the final build.
  • KOF15 launched with a game breaking matchmaking glitch that took about 1.5 years to fix. Most of the patches and DLC also had game breaking glitches negligently patched in that took 2-4 months each to fix.
  • Sam Sho (2019) was rushed and launched with numerous game and character breaking glitches. Genjuro and Haohmaru invalidated every character at launch due to being boss character levels of overpowered.
When one considers that SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy was SNK’s objectively best fighting game since the PS3 era by virtue of it being the only one that wasn’t broken, one knows SNK is a dog shit developer.

Last edited:

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Heh they got alot riding on this one. It's the successor to the heavily lauded Garou: Mark of the Wolves from 1999. No error to fooq it up, hence the high expectations.

Yeah… not gonna consider buying this bullshit at launch.

• KOF14 launched with numerous game and character breaking glitches and had game and character breaking glitches negligently patched in until the final build.
  • KOF15 launched with a game breaking matchmaking glitch that took about 1.5 years to fix. Most of the patches and DLC also had game breaking glitches negligently patched in that took 2-4 months each to fix.
  • Sam Sho (2019) was rushed and launched with numerous game and character breaking glitches. Genjuro and Haohmaru invalidated every character due to being boss character levels of overpowered.
When one considers that SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy was SNK’s objectively best fighting game since the PS3 era by virtue of it being the only one that wasn’t broken, one knows SNK is a dog shit developer.
OK the others I get but of all the issues samsho had it wasn’t genjuro or haohmaru to memory and more double jump new samurai.

Either way I’ll be keeping an eye on this. Garou is a really interesting game and if this can capture the spirit of it (and not shit the bed elsewhere) it’s an easy buy for me

Yeah gonna wait til a month after it’s out to pull the trigger for the aforementioned reasons. But enjoying the game play breakdowns, like feint attacks and parries seem cool. They don’t have any problem with making a great fighting engine as evidenced by sam sho and kof xv.

MuMuGuy

Noob
OK the others I get but of all the issues samsho had it wasn’t genjuro or haohmaru to memory and more double jump new samurai.
It was my fault for not clarifying, but Genjuro and Haohmaru were both broken at launch. Yashamaru was mid-tier at that time. They actually dropped a hotfix a bit after EVO just to tone down Genjuro and Haohmaru.

It was my fault for not clarifying, but Genjuro and Haohmaru were both broken at launch. Yashamaru was mid-tier at that time. They actually dropped a hotfix a bit after EVO just to tone down Genjuro and Haohmaru.
Nah that's on me. I watched the launch of the game closely because I LOVE the series and hate how it's been treated, and didn't remember that at all, but more than possible I just missed it or forgot it.