What's new

Fatal Blow length

So the average length of a Fatal Blow in MK11 is 11 to 12 seconds. That's pretty long but it doesn't bug me as much considering you only see them once per match. I would prefer the average length of a SFV Critical Art of 6 to 7 seconds though. I'm gonna give an example: Scorpions Fatal Blow can do without the last section where he slams the opponent down into the spears. Once he kicks the spears into the eyes on the 8th hit that should be the cutoff point.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
someone did a comparison video to other fighting games, showing them side by side with timers. Blue Blaze, Dragon Ball SFV and IV, Tekken and more... and basically MK11 FB are not much longer than the average, so other games have longer ones and most have only slightly shorter. So I think that maybe it is an issue with how dynamic they are. I mean DBZ has super long ones and you see them like evey single game.. but somehow people do not complain.

someone did a comparison video to other fighting games, showing them side by side with timers. Blue Blaze, Dragon Ball SFV and IV, Tekken and more... and basically MK11 FB are not much longer than the average, so other games have longer ones and most have only slightly shorter. So I think that maybe it is an issue with how dynamic they are. I mean DBZ has super long ones and you see them like evey single game.. but somehow people do not complain.
That's a good point I didn't think of. Some of the Fatal Blows are duds. Jades FB comes to mind. Also another factor might be the predictability of slow motion segments. There are usually 3 of them in a FB.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I definitely get the gripes with seeing the animation over and over again since they are given for free in each match. But after re-watching some videos from MK9 and MKX competitive scene, you'd spend 10-12 seconds watching yourself just get combo'd before it was your turn again.

In something like MvC3 it was even worse, you spend 20 seconds watching your first character get touch of death'd while your opponent worked on building 5 bars of meter.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Jade has some of the coolest brutalities tho, her FB is Zzz but its not that bad lol, didnt notice, because my gear usually changes my FBs, sux for tourney ppl...One more reason to not get hit ? man mkx is good for this reason 2 :)

I definitely get the gripes with seeing the animation over and over again since they are given for free in each match. But after re-watching some videos from MK9 and MKX competitive scene, you'd spend 10-12 seconds watching yourself just get combo'd before it was your turn again.

In something like MvC3 it was even worse, you spend 20 seconds watching your first character get touch of death'd while your opponent worked on building 5 bars of meter.
Yea you have to be ready in case your opponent drops the combo. But you make a good point that reminds me of the FB mini game. It incentivizes you to pay attention. The problem with that is that most people can get by with mashing and it works.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
To be fair, people definitely complain. I really hate repetitive animation in fighters and DBFZ is among the worst offenders. I remember how sick of Bardock's level 3 everyone was by the end of EVO...I mean we must have watched it 100 times.

I think 24 seconds per match is too long. I also think the grab animations are too long. I don't mind neutral play but i don't like the focus on cinematics. I get bored when I land a fatal blow.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I think 24 seconds per match is too long. I also think the grab animations are too long. I don't mind neutral play but i don't like the focus on cinematics. I get bored when I land a fatal blow.
Yeah that definitely. When I land Erron's back throw on someone I have time to take a sip of my drink and crack my knuckles.