What's new

Fan Submissions?!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Who would be up for doing fan submissions? This would be anything drawn or done graphically, etc...

Anyone?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'd be in, what kind of stuff are you looking for?
That sounds fun. I can make signatures and post them :)
Well, this could potentially be a front page thing too. Meaning the person who "wins" by getting the votes would have their art on display. Thing is... I don't want to be boring by saying... "make your favorite MK9 character in to a sig"... SNOOZERS.

How about, "Hand-draw the kind of environment you would like to see in MK10", this could be a real-rouch sketch or in depth... however you wish.

Sound interesting?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Gonna make this shit official soon... ;)

Let's get at least 5 people "CONFIRMED" for this. Time line might be one week to complete.

Dunno how we should do it yet, but we shall!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
This is such a fun idea. I unfortunately can't "confirm" I will enter as I am busy with work and 2 grad classes although I'VE GOT IDEAS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN FOR THIS!!!

I'm an art teacher and traditional animation grad student so I'll offer my 2 cents for the contest, take em or leave em of course. First, character design and environment design feel like two separate ideas or contests. Also, I would give at least 2 weeks, maybe even a month for a character design contest, maybe allow for work in progress submissions to get feedback from the community, then have an official voting period at the end using what ever final images people make. You could do a front page ad to let people know about the contest, then post a front page thread for the voting once all the submissions are in. Lastly, If this ends up being both character design, and environment design, I would do a month at the LEAST.

Man, I'm going to try hard to get at least one design in for this, although I have two characters in mind that I want to do!!!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I might front page this at some point today. If we can get a nice little prize like Tim Static said, this will be even better.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'll take it up on it. Granted I generally dislike doing requests, since I'm afraid of procrastinating. But it's for the community.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'll front page this soon and once I iron out some details.

Between this and a smaller possible weekly SOTW contest..