What's new

Question - Cassie Cage f3 option select question

I've seen videos on it I'm just completely clueless to its benefits. It looks like another blocked combo with f34 or any other f3, db2. Putting in extra inputs is beneficial to me how during a match?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
are you asking how os work?

its takes the risk out of being offensive. you don't have to worry about getting punished for all your hard work 50/50s guessing games breh

The Highlander

There can be only one
I've seen videos on it I'm just completely clueless to its benefits. It looks like another blocked combo with f34 or any other f3, db2. Putting in extra inputs is beneficial to me how during a match?
So f3 db2 is what leads to your combo right. That's the ideal situation but it's unsafe, meaning if you just do that expecting it to hit and they block you get punished for it. Now f34 only does 18% on hit so you'd rather hit your combo rather than just doing f34 every time, however it is safe (0 on block) so on block it's way better to do f34. The option select takes away your guess, so you can put in the same command and get the best case scenario whether they block it or if it hits them (if they block you get your safe string, if it hits you get your combo opportunity).

So f3 db2 is what leads to your combo right. That's the ideal situation but it's unsafe, meaning if you just do that expecting it to hit and they block you get punished for it. Now f34 only does 18% on hit so you'd rather hit your combo rather than just doing f34 every time, however it is safe (0 on block) so on block it's way better to do f34. The option select takes away your guess, so you can put in the same command and get the best case scenario whether they block it or if it hits them (if they block you get your safe string, if it hits you get your combo opportunity).
Thanks guys! So for the Hollywood variation, what's the f3 option select input?