What's new

F3 B4, A viable combo ender?

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
Now I'm not sure if this has already been considered but I'll just throw it out there anyway.

Recently I've been looking into ending typical mid-screen bnb combos such as: (122 axe b2 axe 1 1 122 shoulder 38%) with F3 B4 instead.

So the combo would be: (122 axe b2 axe 1 1 f3 b4 resulting in 35%).
Another way to land it is: (122 axe axe 1 1 1 1 f3 b4 resulting in 33%) which is much easier to land and still worth doing in my opinion.

The thing about ending in f3 b4 instead of shoulder is the opponent lands right next to you, instead of sending them across the screen. This allows immediate pressure assuming your opponent doesn't wake up attack or roll. But if you follow up with f312 or f31 axe pressure after this combo, f3 can sometimes stuff certain wake up attacks. And of course there's always the option to throw, which can also result in even more pressure if the throw lands.

Now what if your opponent does roll back? You have 2 options. Either immediately shoulder when you see them roll back or en lightning. This allows for the pressure to continue.

If they don't block the shoulder you get 9% damage plus a potential en lightning mix-up

Or they block the shoulder for 2% chip then follow up with d1 axe pressure for 2% more chip and build meter.

If they don't expect the en lightning and it lands you can dash forward ( 1 1 1 1 1 122 shoulder) to get either 27% damage or end the combo with f3 b4 for 25% and start the pressure all over again.

One other thing I've considered is if your opponent chooses not to roll, to immediately shoulder whiff after the f3 b4 connects to pass through your opponent to mess with wake up attacks and build meter (similar to smokes teleport whiff) but I'm thinking this is useless due to the shoulder not recovering as fast and you're already back in their face as it is, still a consideration.

For the most part, this can all be negated by wake up attacks but that's just part of reading your opponent and reacting accordingly.

Nightwolf is my favorite character and I have problems getting in and staying in against some characters. and so far f3 b4 has helped pretty decently with that.

Let me know what all the Nightwolf players think!

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
i quite like the sound of ending combos in F3 B4, you are right with shoulder and the distance it causes can be a pain to get in again on certain characters.

i will try this and report back

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
ive never even thought of this,i image its easier to hit this more consistantly online than finishing with 122 shoulder.i was thinking only yesterday that its a pain in the arse having to try and get in all over again after a nightwolf combo.cant wait to try this!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I prefer to end in uppercut cause it gives you a better chance to hit eh lightning. You are also still in shoulder range

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
I prefer to end in uppercut cause it gives you a better chance to hit eh lightning. You are also still in shoulder range
Thats true. but if the opponent rolls back then you're limited to only 16% damage on en lighting if it lands. and outside of shoulder range. At least this way i can make up for the lost 3% off the typical bnb combo through pressure chip or potential lightning mix up even if my opponent rolls.

Karnage

yeah i dont believe you would use this JUST for eh lightning, i never tried eh lightning i followed up with f3 and so far, although online has been working well but i will be able to try this round mustard/ketchups over the weekend and see how well it works

the combo is hard to do online as with any combo with nw online

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
yeah i dont believe you would use this JUST for eh lightning, i never tried eh lightning i followed up with f3 and so far, although online has been working well but i will be able to try this round mustard/ketchups over the weekend and see how well it works

the combo is hard to do online as with any combo with nw online
yes it is difficult online, but i also added an easier version for online players. which results in 33%. same concept and is much easier to land with input lag etc.

Karnage

i will never learn the online combos for nightwolf, i am too stubborn unfortunately :(

i think this is a good idea though, i will keep testing. no one should discredit anything...

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
After uppercut you dash eh lightning dash 1 x 5 = mid 20s or something. It's the best option
I agree uppercut is definitely one of the better options if you're looking for lightning or shoulder pressure. But I think f3 b4 has more potential in the right hands.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Thats true. but if the opponent rolls back then you're limited to only 16% damage on en lighting if it lands. and outside of shoulder range. At least this way i can make up for the lost 3% off the typical bnb combo through pressure chip or potential lightning mix up even if my opponent rolls.
I was responding to this post in which yur reason to not do eh lightning is 16%.

I understand the reasoning for f34 for a combo ender but if you want to keep someone next to you mid screen try ending in just f3, 12 or 11. These options force opponents to stand up quickly if they don't use a wakeup attack in time. This is an easy way to get a quick throw and only gives up small damage at the end of a combo. Because f34 is a true knockdown, it is a true guess on the follow up.

I also use these setups in the corner for throw set ups but mid screen they work too.

jdhelvick

GET SCALPED
I guess its just a matter of preference. From my experience ending the combo with just f3 alone or 11 etc to make the opponent stand up faster didn't really make a difference when it came to their wake-up timing. So i'd just rather take the extra 3-4% damage, end with f3 b4 and still get the exact same mix-up/situation (f3 pressure, easy throw etc.)