What's new

Guide - Kitana f22u4 Punishment Infobase

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is a work in progress.

The purpose of this thread is to document your opponents punishment options against you using f22u4 and the meta that surrounds it.

NOTES:
  • If you see ! by the character and/or variation name, do not use this string against them! It is extremely risky. The more ! there are, the less of a read they have to have on whether you will throw an Air Fan or not.
  • Most options after ducking under the Air Fan require you to move forward slightly before you duck it.
  • Most of the options listed are meterless options. I will update and better organize things as I complete the list.
UNIVERSAL:
All characters can get a full combo off jump punch by jumping over the Air Fan after f22u4~Float if it is not done immediately. Getting an Anti Air JP is the easy way but they can time it to hit her in Trip Guard for a full ground combo which is much more difficult to do.

CHARACTER & VARIATION SPECIFIC:
KUNG LAO: !!!
  • BUZZSAW / HAT TRICK - He can EX Spin all of your options. You can use EX Square Boost immediately after f22u4~Float to avoid being launched, but you still take damage and change sides. If this happens be sure to tech roll to get away so he can't pressure you on wakeup. Using Air Xray works but is risky.
  • TEMPEST - ??
JAX: !!!
  • ALL - He can dash punch all of your options without having to see if you are throwing an Air Fan or not, he just does it and it hits you. He can also use meter and do the overhead dash punch for full combo.
SONYA:
** She is pushed far away
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can punish with f2~MS,3 after ducking the Air Fan. She cannot punish you if you just Float, but she can 50/50 you.
KENSHI: !!
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can punish with b32 into combo after ducking the Air Fan. Against just Float he can punish with nearly all of his specials.
  • KENJUTSU - - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can trade with bf2.
KITANA:
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can punish with d1~Fan as you throw the fan over her head. She can also punish with f43, 11, or 2 after ducking the Air Fan. Against just Float she can punish with Throat Slice and Square Boost.
SCORPION: !!
** He is pushed away very little
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can punish with Teleport Punch before the Air Fan can hit him. Just using Float is useful for baiting his Teleport just like it is against Takeda, but is risky because he can punish you with b3 into full combo.
SUB-ZERO: !!
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can punish with f4 or 11 after ducking the Air Fan and his Slide safely goes under Kitana and gets him out, but he can't punish her if he does this. Against just Float he can punish with Slide.
  • CRYOMANCER - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can EX Hammer right through the Air Fan.
MILEENA: !
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can buffer the Roll input and crouch for a split second to confirm Kitana throwing an Air Fan and punish with Roll by pressing 4 to complete the Roll input. If Kitana does not throw the fan, then no harm done. Mileena can only punish Float in Piercing.
  • PIERCING - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can punish with b12~Roll after ducking the Air Fan. Against just Float she can punish with b12~Roll but the timing is frame perfect.
TAKEDA:
** He is pushed far away
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can punish with instant air xray. Against just Float he can punish with f21 after ducking the Air Fan.
  • SHIRAI RYU - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can punish with Teleport. Against just Float he can't do anything and you can bait a Teleport by not throwing an Air Fan.
  • RONIN - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan he can punish with b1 or b2 after ducking the Air Fan. If he has his sword on the ground by her, he can use it to punish her.
  • LASHER - Against Just Float he can punish with df+1 for 2% (lol)
CASSIE: !!
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can punish with b12 after ducking the Air Fan. Against just Float she can punish with b12.
JACQUI:
  • ALL - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can punish with f1 after ducking the fan or with Rush if the fan is delayed long enough. Against just Float she can punish with Rush.
  • FULL AUTO ! - Against f22u4~Float, Air Fan she can trade with Hand Cannon (she loses) or she can punish with Hand Cannon after ducking the Air Fan. Either you throw the Air Fan or not, she can just do Hand Cannon and hit you.
@xKhaoTik @xWildx @RunwayMafia @GGA 16 Bit @Xero_18 @Riyo @Jimmypotato @Laos_boy @DanCock @DarksydeDash @Eldriken @exflyingbooty @GLoRToR @Rob Is Back

Last edited:

EOTL

Takeda's d/f1 is special cancellable. He will punish meterless for like 10% and with 1 meter 25-30%.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Takeda's d/f1 is special cancellable. He will punish meterless for like 10% and with 1 meter 25-30%.
I'm not a Takeda player but I tried to special cancel it and at the range it is at nothing would combo. If you can actually combo something, please post it so I can update the list.

EOTL

I'm not a Takeda player but I tried to special cancel it and at the range it is at nothing would combo. If you can actually combo something, please post it so I can update the list.
Yep my bad. Its -24 lol so I thought the point of it was to punish but it counts as a poke.